PDA

View Full Version : Triple buggies

cuffleygirl
15-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations - I'm looking for one - or indeed does anyone have one they want to sell?

mamasheshe
15-02-2010, 02:22 PM
my friend has a abc (with the seat on the hood of a double they are fab don't know of any for sale though )

doodles
15-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I have just borrowed a triple from a friend, it is soooo heavy i can barely push it without any kids in!! Its a 'lots of babies triple' and i defo wouldnt recommend it!!! My other friend has an obaby which is lighter. hth

Nikki's stars
15-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I've been using one of those pedigree sports buggy with the detachable seat - it is just too heavy for me (I have 3 weighty two year olds!) so I bought one of those kidsits (attached to my old double urban detour) - the kids call it the 'horsey'! but it really is for summer use as they have been getting so cold on it on the way to school so ........ :laughing:
I've just bought a mountain triple buggy from ebay but have yet to collect it - will let you know how I get on with it!! Does anyone know where I can buy a raincover for it?
Nikki xxx

twiggy
16-02-2010, 09:05 AM
I have just ordered an ABC Mountain buggy with the toddlet seat on top. Had to order it from Austrailia and it has cost me a lot of money. Have seen them second hand on ebay for about £500 so they keep their value.

dobby
16-02-2010, 11:46 AM
My first response would be to ask do you REALLY need it? Might sound odd but the number of times I thought i needed to buy one and then it turns out I have not - either because kids have walked much further than i thought they would, parents have change in circumstances and i dont have numbers or using the car with much shorter walk to venue at other end has solved issue - or with tinies using a good comfy sling :)

Seriously if after considering all that you still feel you need one then avoid the cheaper side by sides - and consider the local pavements/doorways etc to see if any side by side would be usable and see if you can get a double with seat that attachs so at least you have a double to use rather than an additonal limited use pushchair :)

Shirlwith3
16-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I too am having to look at triples, as I am losing 2 of my mindees & have been approached by 2 mums one has a 14 mont old the other when it staet will be 4-5 months now I already mind L who is also 14 months but he has some problems like not sitting up & has a development delay of about 6months so will need a triple I have looked at measurements of the sidebyside ones & will have a problem of getting to my daughters class as have to go through a gate to go round to it. I just get through with my Huak roadster double.

helenlc
16-02-2010, 02:22 PM
My first response would be to ask do you REALLY need it? Might sound odd but the number of times I thought i needed to buy one and then it turns out I have not - either because kids have walked much further than i thought they would, parents have change in circumstances and i dont have numbers or using the car with much shorter walk to venue at other end has solved issue - or with tinies using a good comfy sling :)

Seriously if after considering all that you still feel you need one then avoid the cheaper side by sides - and consider the local pavements/doorways etc to see if any side by side would be usable and see if you can get a double with seat that attachs so at least you have a double to use rather than an additonal limited use pushchair :)

I considered getting one but actually am not going to bother. I have a double and will add a buggy board or one of those kid sit things. I go most places in the car, so would need one that was easy to get in and out of the boot. None of them are!! So I have decided against it!!

onceinabluemoon
16-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I've had an Easylife/Pedigree triple (with the toddler seat on the front), an Obaby triple side by side and an ABC triple (toddler seat on the top).

The ABC Everest triple is by far the easiest to use, it folds the smallest, is much easier to go up curbs etc and fits through standard doorways.

I didn't actually realise how unhappy I had been with the other 2 until I had the ABC!

It's very expensive to buy but does hold its value.