PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those who work with Dh's

Twinkles
13-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Sorry if these questions have been asked elsewhere but I've searched and not found what I'm looking for.

Those of you whose DH's are also registered as childminders , do you have both your names on each contract or do you each have certain children you are responsible for?

If you have both names on the contract do you put both your URN numbers on too ?

How does that work with Ofsted ? Do you have to get permission from them to double your numbers when working with another minder ( your dh )?

I assume if you are both on the contract you wouldn't then have to have a permission slip to enable you to leave just one in charge ie; if one of you were away for a couple of days ? ( as long as the one left was within numbers )

Is it better to ask for your inspection together or seperately ?

Can you get joint public liability insurance ?

That's it ( for now ) :D

Blaze
13-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry if these questions have been asked elsewhere but I've searched and not found what I'm looking for.

Those of you whose DH's are also registered as childminders , do you have both your names on each contract or do you each have certain children you are responsible for?

Each have own children but parent's for each sign permission slip allowing child to be in the other person's care. Both name on permission slips

If you have both names on the contract do you put both your URN numbers on too ?

If you decide this route paperwork wise then yes.

How does that work with Ofsted ? Do you have to get permission from them to double your numbers when working with another minder ( your dh )?

They normally decide on partner's pre - reg what numbers you are allowed based on the size of the house.
I assume if you are both on the contract you wouldn't then have to have a permission slip to enable you to leave just one in charge ie; if one of you were away for a couple of days ? ( as long as the one left was within numbers )

Yes, but remember all paperwork has to have both names & both of your signatures as required.

The first one will probably just be your hubby as you've recently been inspected...but subsiquent ones will likely be joint (unless you request otherwise)

Yes (well NCMA you can -think it's called group... don't know about MM)

Don't forget you will also need a Whistle blowing policy if you work either with an assistant or another CM

HTH:)

manjay
13-02-2010, 08:35 PM
We are in Wales so maybe different but we have both our names on all contracts so no need for permission forms. We just put both reg numbers on.

We are not able to have any more children but we can have 6 under 5's if working together. If we want to increase numbers anymore we have to get planning permission.

DH's NCMA payment was about a third cheaper than mine but can't remember if that was because of PLI or membership.

Twinkles
14-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks Blaze and Manjay.........anyone else ??

Monkey1
14-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Hunky isn't officially registered yet so he is still classed as my assistant. When it finally comes through i will re do everyones contract again so that it covers both of us.

Twinkles
14-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Hunky isn't officially registered yet so he is still classed as my assistant. When it finally comes through i will re do everyones contract again so that it covers both of us.

Thanks monkey. Colin did his last session of ICP course yesterday.

So assuming he will get full quota of numbers ( I realise this is based on size of house ) you will then have your name on the contracts of six under fives. Do you need to get ofsted to approve this ?

sarah707
14-02-2010, 02:19 PM

We share the older children and both our names go on their contracts.

We also both sign things like attendance records.

Even if you do this, the child must have a key worker, so that needs to be clear on the paperwork too

Yes

We chose not to mess with numbers as it is difficult round here (and costly) to get planning permission

I would ask Ofsted this one but I would think it was ok.

Get it over with in one hit if you can!Don't forget you both need a SEF.

We do with Morton Michel

Hth...... :D