PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

jackandjill
13-02-2010, 02:37 PM
As a childminder I am finding really hard to get the work in 2 weeks I will have on children all leaving. I have advertised but had no interest.

I have looked in to nannying and was wondering, Because I am already registered with Ofsted would I be registered as a nanny?

Thanks for any help

beccas
13-02-2010, 02:39 PM
you would have to ring ofsted i would think, have you treid advertising on childcare.co.uk and other sites also yell.com and also updtae your info with families info service

fridaysoff
13-02-2010, 02:44 PM
How about google maps.... a lot of CM's on there in my area, but I put mine on and it doesn't come up on 1st page - not had anything on that yet. Since our local website with childrens info service got put back on line I have had a few inquiries - if you're on that site try re doing your blurb bit - read the other CM's and try and match the ones that sound good. Most of my inquiries come on that - couple of lukewarm contacts on Childcare uk but nothing serious that's led to any work.

good luck, hope you get something x

The Juggler
13-02-2010, 02:54 PM
sorry to hear that. you could try your local authority department that offer sponsored daycare and advertise at your local colleges - contact the department that deals with the funding for student childcare.

meatime, good luck. fingers crossed.

youarewhatyoueat
14-02-2010, 07:38 PM
If you have a look on the ofsted site it will tell you the differences in the registers, there is a voluntary part that nannys can register on, but you can nanny on your registration,if it is adhoc, but you need to add different nanny insurance its an extra £25 if you're with ncma.
You may find if you want work with an agency you need an nvq3, but many agencys will accept you for emergency nanny work with your registration.
I do both, I chop and change between nannying and childminding, you can stay self employed only if you do adhoc nannying in different places, but if you take on a nanny job then you will become employed and need to ask ofsted to add it to your registration if the parents need to pay you with vouchers.

sarak31
14-02-2010, 07:43 PM
what's the rules on mentioning specific websites on here - are we allowed - I have a website where I've got all my business from and pretty much always been working when I want to, sure lots of you use it - can I mention it?

It's a small world
14-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Im on googlemaps first page. Childcare website, I printed some adverts off vista print (theres a link connected to forum) and went round my estate posting them. I posted cards in shops. Place a sign in my car. Went to playgroups and gave other cm's my details, word of mouth. Do you have a local paper you could advertise in.

Just a few ideas...hope things pick up soon for you sending good luck :thumbsup: