PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Friendly Garden award!

jumpinjen
13-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I was delighted to get a gold award for our garden, although this scheme is run by cheshire wildlife trust, they are keen for everyone all over the country to get involved.... the links are here:

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/02/making-wildlife-friendly-garden.html

Happy gardening!

jenni:)

mama2three
13-02-2010, 12:40 PM
thanks jenni , we have about 14 of those so think we may apply. will wait til after half term and get the children involved. it still says on the wildlife trust website that photos are required though?

jumpinjen
13-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I know, but when I e-mailed to ask if we could take part when we don't live in cheshire, the lady said that we didn't need photos!!

Jenx

mama2three
13-02-2010, 12:46 PM
thankyou!:D

jumpinjen
13-02-2010, 12:48 PM
we had fourteen of the things too!!! It was nice to know we do more than we think we do!!

jenni:)

Mouse
13-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Well done, that's great!

I looked at the list to see what more we'd need to do to get an award & see that we do enough already. Thanks for the link. I think I'll send the form off & see if we get a certificate.

beccas
13-02-2010, 01:42 PM
i have sent off ofr m we do eight things due to size so we should get siolver but thats good enough for me:D

sarah707
13-02-2010, 06:00 PM
We got the bronze last year.

I decided it would be good for the children to get bronze then work towards silver in the spring... so that they could see the improvement and take the photos as evidence for themselves.

It's a lovely little certificate and a plaque thing to pin to your fence :D

jumpinjen
13-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I decided it would be good for the children to get bronze then work towards silver in the spring... so that they could see the improvement and take the photos as evidence for themselves.

That is definately the best way Sarah, we have kept lots of photos.... for my own children we make an 'outdoors journal' every year as it's a really important part of our lives, and they have been involved in every step of it but my mindees are so little it doesn't really mean anything to them right now... and the schoolies I pick up on route so they don't actually see my garden!!!!!

jen:)