PDA

View Full Version : how much do you do at weekend?

newandlearning
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
hi everyone...

sometimes I sadly :blush: get totally side tracked at the weekend and end
up doing 4-5 hours of childminding prep and paperwork.

I was just wondering how much do you do?

Is or does it sometimes take over your lives?

xxx:)

Blackhorse
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I try not to do much at the weekends.
maybe the odd hour here and there but I try and do it all mo-fri

i need my weekends....!!!!!!!!:D

beccas
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
i clean my house top to bottom every sat and if i have time i try to do a bit, after i have done ironing a bitof my nvq level 4, and if i have the energy, but sundays i do nothing.:blush:

Gizmo
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I try not to do much at the weekends but I dont work on a Monday so cram as much as I can be bothered to then :thumbsup:

MrsT333
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I try to catch up with paper work on fri evenings. then bits & bobs through the week.
however this weekend i am planning on sorting out my play room, catchin up with my plans for my 3 under 3's.
i am just going to be accreditted so I have alot of paperwork to get upto date.
I am really considering getting a cleaner, as weekends are spent cleaning & laundry. I feel then i am missing out on my own LO's at weekends....:(
I'd say it has toatlly taken over my life!!!:eek:

TheBTeam
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I usually do something minding related virtually everynight, usually to a risk assessment or policy when i read stuff on here, at weekends i will if home and not running around for football catch up with obs if i havent got them done.

I try and do a bit when the little ones sleep or the big ones are happily playing like keeping accounts up to date, and now i have the pogo i may even get to print out obs and write them up as i wont need to cart my big printer around.

It does take over a bit, but i am getting better at getting some stuff done during the day to free up evenings, but i do have dh around to watch and play with the kids if they wake when i am in the middle of something! Blimey think i have just admitted he is useful for something:eek: :laughing:

miss mopple
13-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I try to do very little. I clean the house (ready for it to be trashed again on Monday :laughing: ) and maybe do some accounts but thats about it.

Some weekends I have a mindee here and then he just fits into family stuff like shopping/ swimming etc. I refuse to set my house up for proper minding at the weekend.

This weekend I'll be making some more story sacks as had some new material turn up yesterday :clapping:

jo f
13-02-2010, 08:00 AM
First thing in the mornin i have a catch up on here whilst telly is on for little uns - dont really watch it much during the week so i dont mind. slob about in pjs! Then family time! I try to do as much as i can to concentrate on my kids, sat night its church and seein my nan. Weekends go toooooo quick!

singlewiththree
13-02-2010, 08:32 AM
I do nothing until sunday afternoon then clean like mad (crawling baby) and try and plan something for that day. She usually sleeps in the afternoon and I only have her monday so I do my planning and obs then.

huggableshelly
13-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Nuffin work related at all as try to do it during the wk then what i do not get done has to sit and wait till wednesdays or if little ones sleep

i used to spend every waking hour juggling paperwork and family, since completing OU courses i decided that wkends are non working days and they will stay that way

with learning journals i tend to update them with kiddies, we select the pics to print and they stick them into their folders, same with their artistic creations, they get put up on the wall then mindees help to put them into their books (ages 2,2,4 and 5) they love taking them home to share with parents

FizzysFriends
13-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Apart from reading the forum I don't do anything at weekends CM related.

I babysit most Saturday nights and the rest the time is devoted to DD and having a life.

Tatjana
13-02-2010, 09:38 AM
The only thing i'm doing at weekends more than before I had a full timer is housework, as just can't manage it all in the week:(

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I am still sorting myself out and the weekends seem to be the only time I get to do the additional paperwork. This is because for the last 18 months I have worked flat out in the evenings too and now that I can see light at the end of the tunnel I have stopped the weekends.

wellybelly
13-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I try not to do too much, but hey look its a Saturday morning and I'm on the forum lol! Does that count as Childminding related?

I'm doing a foundation degree so studying takes priority over childminding at weekends after the family of course.

I'd love a day off in the week to dedicate to childminding prep - laminating, writing up obs and next steps in more detail. But no one looks like they're leaving anytime soon.

jumpinjen
13-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I, like you, tend to get a bit side tracked once on the computer but I also home-ed and do an early years course as well as prep for the minding so i multi-task!! I have tried to be stricter and write a to-do list with priorities, do them them get off.

there is the other side of it, which is that I have to do things when I am motivated so planning slots doesn't really work for me!!

jen x