PDA

View Full Version : Late Collection- no contact

Minstrel
12-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I have a boy here due to have been picked up at 5pm.

Still here...... and no message from parent.

My policy says after half hour i will try to make contact- i will prob text as he is probably driving.

How do you word it?
Concerned? cross? impatient? casual?

HELP!

huggableshelly
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
are you ok? XXX is wondering where you are

sandy64
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
text how long will you be ive to go out at 6 if no reply in 5mins ring hope he gets picked up soon

Alibali
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Come and collect your child, it's the weekend?

jaja
12-02-2010, 05:45 PM
have they picked up yet?

hope so xx

~Chelle~
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I would say:-

I know you think I have no life, but actually I do and it is the weekend which means it is wine o'clock, therefore I would be grateful if you could collect your child, remember the little person that calls you dad!!!:laughing:

Actually maybe not I would go with "are you ok only xxx is wondering where you are xx

manjay
12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I would say:-

I know you think I have no life, but actually I do and it is the weekend which means it is wine o'clock, therefore I would be grateful if you could collect your child, remember the little person that calls you dad!!!:laughing:

Actually maybe not I would go with "are you ok only xxx is wondering where you are xx

I like option A better:D

Minstrel
12-02-2010, 06:06 PM
That was the angle i was wanting to go with.

I text 'are you ok? X is wondering where you are?'

he called back and said he was round the corner (aren't they always!!)

I wasn't even subtle i had all the kids ready and as soon as he got here i waved him down the drive, packed mine into the car, and pulled away before them.

Well my fish and chips were calling me! :D

sandy64
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
has he been picked up yet?

Minstrel
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
yes at about 6pm

patevans
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
yes at about 6pm

:eek: the latest mine have been without any contact is 15mins or so!

Minstrel
12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
:eek: the latest mine have been without any contact is 15mins or so!

If only this was a once off too :rolleyes:

mama2three
12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
did you get an explanation / apology. hope you charge a large latefee!!

Minstrel
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
WEll it was funny because when i text him and he called straight back he said that he was so glad i text because he had his other phone on him and didn't have my number.

What he obviously failed to realise was that his name flashed up on my phone when he called , telling me he had the same phone he always does!

patevans
12-02-2010, 06:32 PM
WEll it was funny because when i text him and he called straight back he said that he was so glad i text because he had his other phone on him and didn't have my number.

What he obviously failed to realise was that his name flashed up on my phone when he called , telling me he had the same phone he always does!

Busted :laughing:

jojane
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
you charging him late fees?

Minstrel
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes but unfortunately they are only the normal rate and he doesn't pay them anyway :(

maryp0ppins
12-02-2010, 07:17 PM
i'd be giving him next weeks bill with an extra hours money on it for sure:angry:
makes me mad :angry:

TheBTeam
12-02-2010, 08:06 PM
You are good giving them 30 mins, i give them 15mins then text to say just checking all okay as not heard from you, give them few minutes then try to call if this does not prompt anything at 30 mins i text back up and get them to help contact collector, if after 45 mins neither of us get a reply i request the back up to collect, if they cant or I cant get hold of them or the parent and an hour has past I contact social services for advice.

wellybelly
12-02-2010, 08:09 PM
You are good giving them 30 mins, i give them 15mins then text to say just checking all okay as not heard from you, give them few minutes then try to call if this does not prompt anything at 30 mins i text back up and get them to help contact collector, if after 45 mins neither of us get a reply i request the back up to collect, if they cant or I cant get hold of them or the parent and an hour has past I contact social services for advice.

Ditto.

Late fees are quite satisfying. I charge £5 for every 15 minutes late. At my discretion as well.

The Juggler
13-02-2010, 12:06 PM
:angry: time to get them late fees introduced. maybe 'due to a number of late collections recently, I am increasing my late fee to £5 for every half hour of late collection"

Tina O
13-02-2010, 04:26 PM
......some people do take the p:censored: don't they!

I would charge a hour fee for each 15mins late and also would be on the phone asap asking them to get there NOW! You need to speak to them, and how I would say it was...." how would he feel if a drop off time, you are not at home and he had to wait for 30mins before you came back, he would be late for work (?) how would that go down? " be respectfull but insist on respect back....... xxT:)