PDA

View Full Version : Winding down do I need to let CSSIW know?

kellywestie
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

I am slowly winding down my childminding business as I now have a full time job in a school and just have 1 child left after school and school holidays (though most school holidays he isn't here either!). He will be 10 in April and I was wondering if this affects my registration with CSSIW (Wales). Would they still want to inspect me? Do I still need to be registered? Would be grateful if anyone can advise. Thanks.

sandy64
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
i think im right in saying you dont have to be registered to mind a 10 yr old i wouldnt let them no until you have finished for def then ring them theyl ask you to send certificate in, but be sure you dont want to stay registered in case you change your mind good luck in your new job:)

sarah707
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
You should give your local CSSIW office a call and let them know what is happening.

They will decide what to do next based on whether you might start up again in the future.

Good luck!

kellywestie
16-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks. I rang the CSSIW and spoke to my Inspector - she confirmed what you thought in that they are only interested if there are under 8's. She has asked me to return my certificates (both English and Welsh) as there is no chance that I will change my mind - I am now working 9 - 3 as School Secretary in my local infant school and get all the holidays off with my son!

Thanks for replying.

itsCM
21-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I did this same thing a few years back.... gave up childminding to work full time in a day nursery..... thinking I would never go back off went my cert!!

5yrs later and the birth of my 1st child changed my mind and I had to re-register - I even had to do the course and everything again even tho I was a qualified nursery nurse aswell..... Very frustrating....

In future if I give it up for a while I'll keep my registration going even if I have no children..... at least the inspections are quick and painless then aswell..... just in case I change my mind again x