PDA

View Full Version : Home Bargains - Easter crafts

ma7ie
13-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Home Bargains has a fab Easter Craft kit instore at £2.99. There's loads of stuff inside to make cards, pom pom animals etc. It's a huge box full of stuff. I didn't get one as I've got enough stuff for Easter, but I thought some of you might like it. :D

angeldelight
13-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks for that Marie

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
13-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I spent a fortune last saturday on stuff and I got some great things from Home Bargains, Poundland, Wilkinsons and The Card Factory.

I went to Newcastle under Lyme and all these shops are near each other in the same street. the following is a list of some of the things I got all bargains

One of each of the felt boards - Wilkinsons
(I also got one of each in Aldi on Mon am - I think they will come in useful as story boards and for story sacks topics etc. etc.)

Dressing up animal masks (about 6) - Poundland

Dressing up hats - Poundland

Kilt with sporron - Poundland

Multi-cultural dresing up dolls (card) - wilkinsons

A book about starting school - Wilkinsons

Wooden transport juisaw puzzle

2X teachers sets with rewards, calanders etc - Home Bargains
( a bit american but I think they are a very handy resource)

Loads of posters - Poundland
(fruit n veg, alphabet,map of uk times tables numbers etc but no map of world)

Easter Egg hunt - card factory

easter chicks to make - card factory

hard covered books X 3 pack - card factory
(thought I could use one as a compliments suggestions and complaints book - in that order!!!!!!!!!)

Dominoes flash cards - Home bargains

lady bird dominoes - home bargains

Paint brush set 1 with a chunky handle for babies - should have bought 2 packs - sooo cheap saw one of these babies/special needs brushes in a catalogue or on a link from here and was sooo much more expensive for 1)

2X gardening gloves for me 39p - Wilkinsons

Safari animals - Home Bargains (I think)

More books but can't remember what cause they are in the book box now and cant just put my hand on them but they were from these shops and were either multi cultural in some way or inclusive-special needs and they came from one of the three main shops above.

I also bought more feeding stuff and some trays for Montessori activities.

I did mean to put all this with prices on a separate link on Sat night but my two had friends around and I had mindee and was shattered so just tidied them all away into their rightful places so husband wouldn't really notice how much more kids junk as he calls it I brought into the house.

There is more but I cant remember what just now as I brought more stuff down from the attic so its all blended in now but I feel that with downloads and the stuff I have and a wish list I should please ofsted - as I don't think I've done too badly to have got all I have for just being at it for 6 mths. I think I've been working at a loss all the money I've spent will drop that into the conversation too when she is here.

Celine

Celine

Heaven Scent
13-03-2008, 02:40 PM
For got got lots of seeds in Poundland and a welcome to our garden sign in Poundland also. - I think thats all I can remember for now!!!!!!!!!

Celine

miffy
13-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks Marie

Wow Celine sounds like you got some great bargains

Miffy xx

Chell
13-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks, I'll look at those for the Eastr Bonnet we need to make.

They had packs of little Lindt chocolate Eggs/rabbits recently, £1.29 instead of £2.99.

emler
13-03-2008, 05:23 PM
wow Celine, sounds like you got lots of bargains!

Emler x

ajs
13-03-2008, 05:23 PM
i also bought the home bargains safari animals i bought 2 sets and the kids love them
'i have also bought the dominoes and we spent about an hour playing with them also got the snap set from HB too

Heaven Scent
13-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes but that is me all spent up this month between my two week-ends of crazy shopping sprees and buying my son a new bed on e-bay. I better get selling stuff now to rake back in some money. Have had tonnes of photos taken of my husbands XL XXL & XXXL Tshirts and shirtswhich have either been hardly worn or not worn at all plus sons old bed which I will probably want about £30.00 for but cause have never sold anything on ebay before I scared to get going. I'm a right dope I know.

Celine

miffy
13-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm sure you'll soon get into it Celine and then you'll have more money to bargain hunt with

Miffy xx

ajs
13-03-2008, 07:50 PM
no go for it it's not hard

but one peice of advice unless you want bad feedback is be scrupulously honest.

we've sold quite a lot and if it's scratched or dirty i always say so then the buyer cannot say i was trying to mislead in any way

Chell
13-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Yes but that is me all spent up this month between my two week-ends of crazy shopping sprees and buying my son a new bed on e-bay. I better get selling stuff now to rake back in some money. Have had tonnes of photos taken of my husbands XL XXL & XXXL Tshirts and shirtswhich have either been hardly worn or not worn at all plus sons old bed which I will probably want about £30.00 for but cause have never sold anything on ebay before I scared to get going. I'm a right dope I know.

Celine

You'll be fine, just post if you need help.