PDA

View Full Version : GUT FEELING WILL HAVE A NO-SHOW TONIGHT

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 01:53 PM
After arranging a parent visit the other day, I text through all my details as requested, address etc, parking arrangements. I never got a confirmation. So, last night I text again saying here's my ofsted number in case you'd like a read before you come and look forward to seeing you blah, blah......

anyway, no reply. Maybe I'm just a bit pessimistic but I've a feeling they're gonna be a no-show...:( :(

Hebs
12-02-2010, 01:55 PM
i wouldnt have given them my ofsted number :panic:

i have had a parent ask for it so they could read my ofsted report i told them to view my website as its on there :thumbsup:

i hope they do show x

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 02:05 PM
i wouldnt have given them my ofsted number :panic:

i have had a parent ask for it so they could read my ofsted report i told them to view my website as its on there :thumbsup:

i hope they do show x

I haven't got a website. I don't mind. If they come to the setting I would always give them a copy and my number's on there anyhow. The mum works with a friend of mine so I can always track her down.

suez
12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
i think its more so she dont just use your number for tax credits without actually usin ya alot of people do

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 02:31 PM
i think its more so she dont just use your number for tax credits without actually usin ya alot of people do

when you give out report copies then do you all blank out your registration number?

I thought tax credits wrote to you anyway to confirm you were providing care?

carebear25
12-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I've not had a letter regardin my parents an I know they r gettin taxcredits x

Hebs
12-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't give my parents a copy of my report, it is available for them to read either the paper one I got from ofsted or on my website

And I've only been asked once about childcare from tax credit people

X

miffy
12-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Tax credits don't usually write out to check you are providing care - have only had 2 enquiries from them, one by phone and one by letter.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
oh! :( they sounded genuine. they didn't ask me for my number so I'm not that suspicious. My report has my number on the front I am sure? I just assumed it had.

Oh well. Well they are now five mins late so looks like I was right:( will be getting my fellow student who works with her to tick her off for being so rude and not letting me know and i will not be rearranging unless they have a good excluse:angry:

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
they came! they were lovely. they wanted me to start on Monday:eek: but it's half term and I wasn't working - have a day at the splashpools with my kids.

We're settling in following Monday and starting either that week or week after. Mind you, never count your chickens...... I'm waiting until the contract is signed before I get too excited.

and best bit - 0900 am start! no extras on the morning school run - lovely!

Trouble
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I never give out my number until they are about to sign on the dotted line:panic:

i think instinct is good at telling you if they will use it or not:angry:

Trouble
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
they came! they were lovely. they wanted me to start on Monday:eek: but it's half term and I wasn't working - have a day at the splashpools with my kids.

We're settling in following Monday and starting either that week or week after. Mind you, never count your chickens...... I'm waiting until the contract is signed before I get too excited.

and best bit - 0900 am start! no extras on the morning school run - lovely!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup:

Hebs
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
That's great news

Congratulations x

Goatgirl
12-02-2010, 07:44 PM
great news!,
fingers crossed they sign on the dotted line.... :D

TheBTeam
12-02-2010, 07:56 PM
really pleased to hear, i have one due on Monday night, and was wondering cos I had to put her off twice whether I should call to check and by fluke she rang about an hour ago to check the address cos she came on a prelim check of where we were and couldnt find us, had the wrong number, but least it means she should be coming.

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 11:11 PM
really pleased to hear, i have one due on Monday night, and was wondering cos I had to put her off twice whether I should call to check and by fluke she rang about an hour ago to check the address cos she came on a prelim check of where we were and couldnt find us, had the wrong number, but least it means she should be coming.

fingers crossed for you hon. and to hebs and helen and everyone else with meetings due!

The Juggler
12-02-2010, 11:14 PM
That's great news

Congratulations x

thanks. AND found out I was 'recommended'. mum is social worker and another social worker told her there is a 'fab' local cm but don't know her surname. I had cared for a little girl in one of her case load families. In fact she was the little girl who left me, creating my vacancy.

Anyhow, she was trying to trace my number for a week when they chatted in front of my college friend (who works with them too) and she said I know a 'x' too, lives in 'x' road. anyway it turned out to be me:blush: :blush: :blush: . so mum said I come highly recommended and is not planning to see anyone else.

Twinkles
12-02-2010, 11:17 PM
thanks. AND found out I was 'recommended'. mum is social worker and another social worker told her there is a 'fab' local cm but don't know her surname. I had cared for a little girl in one of her case load families. In fact she was the little girl who left me, creating my vacancy.

Anyhow, she was trying to trace my number for a week when they chatted in front of my college friend (who works with them too) and she said I know a 'x' too, lives in 'x' road. anyway it turned out to be me:blush: :blush: :blush: . so mum said I come highly recommended and is not planning to see anyone else.

Wow what great recommendation :clapping:

Gizmo
12-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Fantastic so glad they signed :thumbsup: