PDA

View Full Version : Chatterbox Challenge

princessblack
12-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Hello:)
Have anyone of you guys taken part in the Chatterbox Challenge? This years theme is mini beasts, and for the first time our Childminding drop in group would like to take part. Any tips/fundraising ideas would be very much appreciated:thumbsup:

beccas
12-02-2010, 02:28 PM
we have all children make masks and also dress up and then they collect sponors for doing this, we sing songs relating to the theme, we have lots of fun

huggableshelly
12-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I did this last year and invited all parents to 3 shows

kiddies worked hard making visual aids ... last year was weather songs

sent home sponser forms, printed out certiciates and handedout the stickers too

0 parents managed to join us for a show ... 1 at drop off, 1 at lunch and 1 at the end of the day but parents too busy

0 parents returned sponser forms

i sent in £20.00 sponsor money for my own kiddies shame i couldnt have sent in more

anyway good luck with your fund raising

princessblack
12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys all info is taken onboard. Will get the parents letters off and go from there...looks like making masks,songs and the hungry catterpillar book is the way to go. Listen, £20 is enough money, so well done:)

huggableshelly
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
yes you are right it is enough but all the hard work that went into it, preparing for the shows and children acting out with noone other than me to watch, kiddies have gotten over it quicker than me LOL I am still sulking