PDA

View Full Version : Incident Book - what to write????

AliceK
12-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi
Just a quickie. I have an Incident book but as yet have never come accross anything which I thought I should write in there. Today I had to put youngest mindee on time-out though. Is this the sort of thing I should write in there and are parents meant to sign it or is it enough for me to tell them about the incident?
Sorry I'm a bit confused :blush:

xxxxxx

Tina O
12-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I think untill you are confident that you are recording just what you need, it may be better to record 'more' than 'less'.

At the end of the day to have something recorded and not need it, is better than having a continuing problem develop and you not have an accurate record of when problems started. I'm not looking for trouble or trying to be over the top but paperwork now is getting more and more and 'little' things may get missed in all we need to do. (hope that make sense) xxT

Straws
12-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Incidents are if the child hurts another child, has run out into the road, things like that, I wouldnt write up time out

Straws xx

PixiePetal
12-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I have been minding 15 years and not written anything in a book.

For the past year I have had a book but nothing has happened that I felt the need to write :rolleyes:

Am I just lucky or are my mindees just so nice and behave so well!

AliceK
12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Brilliant, thank you both so much. I think judging by how things are lately if I WERE to write up time-outs in there the book would be full quite quickly:laughing:
I'll save it for the more "serious" things then

Thanks

xxxx