PDA

View Full Version : usbourne books

It's a small world
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
We had a lady come to one of our playgroups a couple of weeks ago I got a recipe book and ...

First Shapes - pictures using different shapes that are raised so children can feel them and using a peice of paper rub over the abck page with wax crayons to make the shapes

Lift out Colour Book - a jigsaw colur book where each page has several pieces can be taken out to show another picture underneath..teaching colours.

I got them today and was looking through them when my ds came and asked what I had so we started looking through them with him and my mindee..then another little boy came up and started joining in our conversation pointing to the pictures and talking about the colours. then another child...about 10-15mins later I heard some laughing and looked up and realised that 3 other cm's were laughing at me saying 'kerries corner' I had about 6 children all interacting with me and my books..the cms were laughing each one of their mindees were with me....we were all engrossed in my books and loving them....great buy and I hadnt even got them home:clapping: