PDA

View Full Version : Just had THE call....

igglepiggle
11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
So - just had the call for my post registration inspection. W/c 1st March. THINK everything is in place but would really appreciate some advice from all you experienced Minders!!!:)

Cazz
11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
So - just had the call for my post registration inspection. W/c 1st March. THINK everything is in place but would really appreciate some advice from all you experienced Minders!!!:)

Sorry I can't really advise - I'm due for mine anytime as well :panic:

Just wanted to say good luck. You got a lot of notice - I thought they only gave a day or two? Don't know if lots of notice is a good or bad thing!

I'm sure you'll be fine and if I haven't had mine by then I'll be looking to you for some tips!

helenlc
11-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Go through the Inspection Tips/Advice section on this forum and take down notes!

Also look through recent Inpsection reports for your area - I did this and again, took notes about things to maybe put in place.

Other than that, good luck!!:thumbsup:

Leanne59
11-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi there,
Your lucky I got 12hrs notice. was up till 12.30 I was so scared and it was fine. she was lovely. I wouldnt worry I would use this opportunity to pick their brains! If you have any worries about safety issuses paper ect ask them. Just make sure your policies and question booklet is fill in and you will be fine.

Good luck with it all, im sure you will be great.

p.s put kitchen roll or paper towels in your bathroom, for drying hands
she wasnt happy, I was planning to use clean towels every day.

hope this helps!!

mama2three
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
yep , same as cazz and yourself. do you know which inspector - ive seen advice on here to check out their recent inspection reports to see what they are focusing on. not that ive worked out how yet though!

miffy
11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
yep , same as cazz and yourself. do you know which inspector - ive seen advice on here to check out their recent inspection reports to see what they are focusing on. not that ive worked out how yet though!

Go on the ofsted website - click on inspection reports, then childminders, then region, then area and a list will come up starting with the most recent.

You can also go on inspection reports and put your postcode in but the first way is better as all reports are in date order and so will be under EYFS

HTH's and good luck

Miffy xx

mama2three
11-02-2010, 05:19 PM
thanks miffy , ive actually done that a while ago - i misunderstood and thought you could actually search by inspector. getting old!

miffy
11-02-2010, 05:22 PM
thanks miffy , ive actually done that a while ago - i misunderstood and thought you could actually search by inspector. getting old!

That would be too simple for Ofsted!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

igglepiggle
11-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks All! Got so much notice as she called today and my mindees are on Half Term next week - all teacher's children - and then Mrs O is on hol the week after so 1st March it is. What a nice half term I'll have! Seriously though, I am meeting my network co tomorrow to do a pre inspection visit and she says she's prety certain I have everything in place. It's just one of those situations where you can never do too much, I think. I will swot up on some local inspection reports! I'll keep you all posted on how stressed (or not) i get and how it all goes! Thanks for the advise xx