PDA

View Full Version : My husband thinks its funny

babydayz
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
The other day i was talking to my husband and i was telling him that i need more room and i would like to have a conservatory or an extension built, when i told him i explained that i would like to have area's set up like a home corner etc and that ofsted do like to see things like this.
Well he thought it was a big joke and he then turned round and said...

Ofsted said it is a new requirement that childminders build a big lifesized pirate ship in their gardens and that the childminders have to dress like blackbeard to teach the children more about being a pirate.

I was not amused, but its starting to tickle me a bit now lol :laughing: :laughing:

bexcee
11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
:laughing:

mama2three
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
id love a huge pirate ship in the garden!
Id also like more space , but if i could afford a conservatory or an extension then i wouldnt be working!
we make a home area behind the sofa ( which has also doubled as a pirate ship!) - the only downside is i have to set it back up each day as in the evenings dh refuses to live in a nursery!

huggableshelly
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
lol ... I laffed too hmm might find some large boxes and create that pirate ship

jaja
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
lol lol my hubby would say something like that too.....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mama2three
11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
if so much as one of my display boards is still up when dh comes home i get comments like 'you cant tell me other cms do all this crPP' and 'for gods sake youre not a teacher you know , stop being so up yourself'. Lovely. Keep the display , ditch the hubby methinks!

miffy
11-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Keep the display , ditch the hubby methinks!
:laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

sandy64
11-02-2010, 05:36 PM
lol :clapping: :clapping: i can see funny side go girl get a big card pirate ship and dress up for when he comes home from work now id love to see his reaction sorry :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
11-02-2010, 05:37 PM
lol :clapping: :clapping: i can see funny side go girl get a big card pirate ship and dress up for when he comes home from work now id love to see his reaction sorry :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, you could make him walk the plank! :laughing:

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
if so much as one of my display boards is still up when dh comes home i get comments like 'you cant tell me other cms do all this crPP' and 'for gods sake youre not a f'ing teacher you know , stop being so up yourself'. Lovely. Keep the display , ditch the hubby methinks!

Funny you should mention notice boards, my dh wasnt around yesterday so i ordered two cork display boards one to put laminated bits on and one to make a themed display with the kids, well they came today and dh saw the delivery man get out a big flat box and said what have you done now! He really took the mickey when i opened them and told him my plans, but i think he is improving because previously he will have gone mental and said no way, at least now he is reduced to sarcasm but accepting of my schemes!:laughing:

mama2three
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
i just use artists canvases , the big ones , so theyre light and easy to move. Only thing is everytime i want a new display i just buy another rather than take the old stuff off - so now i have about 4 displays!

cas2805
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
How about a conservatory on the pirate ship?
:idea:

mama2three
11-02-2010, 06:24 PM
How about a conservatory on the pirate ship?
:idea:

and it will need a moat!

The Juggler
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that did make me laugh. at least he seems to appreciate some of the daft stuff we are required to do to jump through the ofsted hoops! you'll have to share the breathing policy with him - he'll like that!:laughing:

mamasheshe
11-02-2010, 06:57 PM

Ofsted said it is a new requirement that childminders build a big lifesized pirate ship in their gardens and that the childminders have to dress like blackbeard to teach the children more about being a pirate.

what it's not a statutory requirement to have a pirate ship in your garden and to dress accordingly but i've already done the risk assessments and brought a parrot.i will be having words with my network cm about this.

:laughing: :laughing: :jump for joy: :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-02-2010, 07:41 PM
if so much as one of my display boards is still up when dh comes home i get comments like 'you cant tell me other cms do all this crPP' and 'for gods sake youre not a teacher you know , stop being so up yourself'. Lovely. Keep the display , ditch the hubby methinks!

Mine says that too and I think they have a point. I am not bothering anymore and if it isn't good enough then tough!

LisaMcNally09
12-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Mine says that too and I think they have a point. I am not bothering anymore and if it isn't good enough then tough!

I dont do wall displays for Ofsted...i do them for the children!:D

mum2two
12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Luckily my hubby has been working with me for the last 18 months, so he's got no room to complain!!

I am quite lucky though, that we built a conservatory a couple of years ago, off our lounge. This is our playroom, and I have kids pictures on the wall, boxes upon boxes of toys, all labeled, weather chart, posters, mirrors, height chart etc etc, but in the evening, we draw the long curtains between the rooms, and my living room is just our home! Just my babies chair & playmat in here, but no other signs of cm - it's the best thing we ever done, as I get to 'switch off' (when I'm not sat on the sofa surrounded by paperwork... :rolleyes: )

xx