PDA

View Full Version : What's on the menu?

Pudding Girl
13-03-2008, 12:17 PM
For those that provide a meal for your mindees, what's on the menu today?

Mine are having Roast Pork, sweet potato chunks, carrots and sweetcorn.

Well, when they wake up - early nap time argh!

miffy
13-03-2008, 12:22 PM
That sounds lovely can I come?

Miffy xx

Delly
13-03-2008, 12:28 PM
yum yum, love sweet potato..

I have no mindees today as both my kids are ill with this horrible sickness bug which is going around..

so making some veggie soup for us.. :)

Twinkles
13-03-2008, 12:35 PM
At tea time they're having chicken goujons with lettuce and tomato in a wrap with a little garlic dip. I'll give them carrot sticks with it. Yummy and not much cooking :D

Heaven Scent
13-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Mine are having pasta with steamed broccoli florettes, carrot battons and home cooked ham in a cheese sauce

Celine

allinatiz
13-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Mine have had cheesey vegetable bake.

Pudding Girl
13-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Mine have had cheesey vegetable bake.

that sounds yummy, I might do that for tomorrow as I have to unexpectedly do another meal - am probably doing more uncontracted hrs.... *kerching!!!!!*

sarah707
13-03-2008, 02:17 PM
We'll be having spaghetti bolognese and garlic bread tonight on request from the children... for lunch we've just had brown bread and cheese chunks with grated carrot, apple and pear pieces... yummy! :D

Pudding Girl
14-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Did my veggie pasta thing, but due to C not being herself and clinging to me all morning, had to do a quick version of cold pasta salad with chopped veg, sliced ham and grated cheese. went down well anyway, and hardly any cooking save boiling the macaroni ;)

Banana
14-03-2008, 02:55 PM
We had bolognese bake for lunch - made a big batch of bolognese last night so was easy just to stick some pasta with it and bake it.

Tonight we have cottage pie, sweet and mash potato topping with grilled cheese bubbled on top - mmm, loves it!!

xxx

fionamal
14-03-2008, 03:43 PM
We had Homemade Lentil Soup and Whole meal bread at lunchtime and once J goes home at 5pm then Im on the phone to get a chinese delivered.

lizzymoonshine
16-03-2008, 06:25 PM
that all sounds yummy, if anyone needs a taste tester, i am available!

:)

button68
16-03-2008, 06:34 PM
We had bolognese bake for lunch - made a big batch of bolognese last night so was easy just to stick some pasta with it and bake it.

Does anyone else cook up batches in advance? The reason I don't offer evening meals is that I doubt I'd have time to prepare anything during the day. Not a very orgsnized person :blush:

If I run out of time with my own I can serve up fish fingers, beans and waffles but I doubt mindees parents/Ofsted would be too pleased with that:(

crazybones
16-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Does anyone else cook up batches in advance? The reason I don't offer evening meals is that I doubt I'd have time to prepare anything during the day. Not a very orgsnized person :blush:

If I run out of time with my own I can serve up fish fingers, beans and waffles but I doubt mindees parents/Ofsted would be too pleased with that:(

That is the opposite to my house. When I used to give tea that is all they wanted and I got sick of my kids eating it. Luckily hubbys hours changed and I gave notice that because of this we were able to eat as a family and I would be giving notice that I was stopping providing an evening meal. There is only so many packets of Smiley faces my freezer would accept :rolleyes:

Banana
16-03-2008, 08:31 PM

well I do serve this up sometimes and the parents dont mind at all. Its all about balance. As long as its not every day. I dont see the harm in children eating fish finfers with chips and beans, I actually think (if its not deep fried and you use proper 100% cod fingers) its quite healthy. And I know that the children get it at home so why shouldnt I be allowed to serve it for ease sometimes?

It is easy making extra at mealtimes - just pop it in the fridge for the next day or freeze in tupperware - its actually easier doing this most of the time than cooking anything while the kids are there, You can just whack whatever you have prepared in th eoven and know its good and healthy!!

xx