PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo... jobcentre payments ?

Twinkles
11-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I had a mum come to see me this morning. She's a single mum with a 6 year old and a 7 month old baby.

She wants a place for the baby ( older child at after school club ) 3 days a week.
She will be training for two weeks and then has a job at the end of it.

The 'problem' is that the jobcentre will be paying 80% of the fees and I seem to remember that someone on here has had major problems getting money out of them.

Part of me wants to say no as I don't want the hassle but.......the baby is soooooo cute !!

Anyone had experience of jobcentre payments ?

miffy
11-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Nope but I do know someone who works in a jobcentre so if you don't find out from here then I can ask for you

Miffy xx

Twinkles
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Nope but I do know someone who works in a jobcentre so if you don't find out from here then I can ask for you

Miffy xx

Thanks Miffy. XX

ajs
11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
sorry no help from me either
but glad that it has sort of worked out for you. keep us informed

balijay
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Yep me too - one of my mums is on New Deal for Lone Parents so they pay her childcare directly to me. As above I invoice at the end of each month and receive payment by BACS shortly afterwards. Have been doing this this last Oct with no probs. I would do it again if asked. hth :D

Twinkles
11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
ok thanks guys.

I would really like to help her but do still need to be paid.

Nuffin' to do with the very cute baby uh huh noooooo ...:laughing:

ajs
11-02-2010, 02:49 PM
7 month old babies are my favourite maybe i should be looking for another baby now mine have all grown up ( well the baby is 18 months now)

little_gems
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
i have had job center payments a few times and sometimes they can take ages. I only got paid last month for care from november!!!

miffy
11-02-2010, 10:18 PM
i have had job center payments a few times and sometimes they can take ages. I only got paid last month for care from november!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's ridiculous!

Miffy xx

Jelly Baby
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi it may have been me moaning a while back as had quite a few job centre payments in the past..past being the past with them! Off the top of my head i never remember getting paid until at least 6 weeks after the signed froms..so slow yeah!
The only good thing is i said to my JC that i was increasing my fees to compensate for this and also making them non refundable etc so i was guaranteed payment and they were fine with that..depends on how desperate you are for the money really!
Good luck x

Bananabrain
12-02-2010, 10:56 AM

That's nothing! I have a friend who has a full time mindee through Social Services and has only just got paid.............................................. ..............................from September!!!
I worked it out and it amounts to thousands!
Bloomin' outrageous!

netty
12-02-2010, 08:07 PM
i have one who is paid for by the job center i have just been paid for september 09 last week after lots of phone calls.
Netty xxx

Twinkles
12-02-2010, 08:10 PM
oooo this is all giving me a bad feeling :panic: I can't afford to not get paid :( Not sure I want all the hassle TBH.