PDA

View Full Version : bank holidays help

littlestars26
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
hi just wondering what people do for bank holidays do u still charge as normal as there are getting paid from work and if there get help with childcare there still get these

Merry-Minder
11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
I charge double rate for all bank holidays, but if a parent decides not to use a bank hol that I am prepared to work then I charge normal hourly rate.

littlestars26
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
thank u that a great help i am going to charge for the day but then if there want the day charge time and half will this be ok i new to all this

Bushpig
11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I charge for the bank holiday as per usual, should it fall on a contracted day. If they would like care on that day it's double.

Spangles
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
No charge for me for bank holidays because I don't want to work them. If care is needed, my contracts state double time to put them off! Ha!

jaja
11-02-2010, 11:12 AM
my contracts say i am avaiable to work at £6 per hour but noone has mentioned anything to me, should i mention it to them? i feel like i should mention it, cause i am sure they have forgotton, what are you doing?

its so hard to figure ouit, i have two families that would need me and two that wouldnt but not sure how to mention it to them....

AliceK
11-02-2010, 02:03 PM
No charge for me for bank holidays because I don't want to work them. If care is needed, my contracts state double time to put them off! Ha!

Same here

xxxx

Lady Haha
11-02-2010, 02:50 PM
my contracts say i am avaiable to work at £6 per hour but noone has mentioned anything to me, should i mention it to them? i feel like i should mention it, cause i am sure they have forgotton, what are you doing?

its so hard to figure ouit, i have two families that would need me and two that wouldnt but not sure how to mention it to them....

For the two families that do need you, I would just remind them that you charge 6.00 per hour on bank holidays just to make it clear before they use you. It will save arguements later!!! For the the families that don't need you, remind them that you still charge normal hourly rates on bank hols if they don't come (if it's their normal day) and 6.00 per hour if they do.

jelly15
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't want to work so I don't charge.

janminder
11-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't charge either because I am not available to work

tashaleee
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I dont charge as I dont want to work them - one of my 'shift working' parents asked me to work good friday and I have refused as its a Bank Holiday and Im taking the day off with my kids (though the money would have been nice..) :rolleyes:

Tatjana
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I charge for them but don't work them as it's the only perk i get, i don't take any other paid time off and we must be the lowest paid self employed people around so it's not like it's being greedy!

xx

Chimps Childminding
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't work - don't charge even though it means I lose £50 every Bank Holiday :( I know that the parents that usually use me on a Monday don't need me as they don't work Bank Holidays, so it is unfair to charge them!!