PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out

cazr
13-03-2008, 11:34 AM
i am just starting the whole process of becoming childminder i actually did the icp course last year but theexam was around my due date so had to leave it but i have decided to go ahead now that son will be 1 next week and get the ball rolling.

ive downloaded all the policies and am in the middle of creating a portfolio, i have decided a name, hours of business etc

one thing im worried about is the inspection s when we moved to our house we have been doing a lot of building work and diy projects and the front garden is an absolut mess, has bricks etc as we want to do drive next but we're getting married in june so run out of money!! will this go against me??

There isnt one single playgroup or toddlers where i live and it says in my notes you should take them to these??

sarah707
13-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Hello and welcome!

With the outings, from Sept when EYFS starts, we are obliged to make sure children have daily access outside... whether that's a garden or the local park, it doesn't matter, so long as they go out... you just need to show evidence that you plan outings if you can't use the garden :D

cazr
13-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks

we have a 90 foot garden so no problems there and a local park, just no toddler groups!

is there anything else i need to think about, like i said im starting my portfolio before registering with ofsted

miffy
13-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to say hello and welcome

Good luck with your registration

Miffy xx

sarah707
13-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I would start the registration process off... it can take a while and you might find yourself hanging around waiting for CRB checks and things... :D

lady boss
13-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi There,

Yes i would definately get the process moving asap.
Crb's can take ages.
Good luck x

angeldelight
14-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Hello just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum

Hope to chat soon

Angel xx

ruby
14-03-2008, 01:01 PM
hello and welcome

cathy

aly