PDA

View Full Version : Its ok - my mums a childminder

Pipsqueak
10-02-2010, 10:13 PM
yeah, come round, she'll look after you, she won't mind she's a childminder

I suppose its a compliment from my 9yr old who has told one of his besties that I will look after him during the two day teachers inset days (starting from today) - bestie tells dad who calls me and says thanks. After a bit of confusion and a bit of embarressment on both parts i have offered to look after said friend.
he loves coming here and is begging his dad to get me as his childminder (taking him out of the after-school club) and apparently my meals are 'out of this world' (not sure what on earth he is fed elsewhere then:rolleyes: ) and I am 'soooooooo cool' (he is so absolutely right :D ). He is no problem, really polite (normal cheeky but ok with it 9yr old) and he has been round plenty of times playing with H. I have pointed out to dad - who understands that I would be slightly different as his minder verses friends mum! lol Dad is considering sending him to me permantly and we are using these two days as 'trial sessions':cool:

Me and Harry have had words though - he can't just go telling people that I will look after them and nor can I go and 'rescue them' from the after school club as he asked me to do with his friend tonight in the school playground, as his friend was 'waiting' for me to go and get him.

I have taken it as a massive compliment from my son and his friend though!

ajs
10-02-2010, 10:16 PM
that is so sweet really
my friends 10 yr old loves coming here but that might be cos we've got tele and a wii and he has neither and i know what you mean by the cheeky but normal bit Johnathan is just like that too and it's what i love about him

huggableshelly
10-02-2010, 10:18 PM
aww bless .. and yep its a huge compliment ... good luck with the settling in sessions too though i doubt there will be any teething issues.

Twinkles
10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
That's lovely , bless !

Desi-101
10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
How cute! and what a massive compliment to you. Kids can put one in an awkward situation though!! but hey your son is a great mascot for your business, smiles:)

Carpet Monkeys
10-02-2010, 10:20 PM
How sweet is that!!! My DD who is 8, comes flying in from the park (10mtrs away from house), usually with some child in tow who's fallen over saying things like .. it's ok, my mum's a childminder and can do first aid, it's ok, my mum's been checked out by the police, you can use our loo!!!!

TheBTeam
10-02-2010, 10:25 PM
That is really sweet and funny!

Mouse
10-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Aw, that's lovely!

A good few years ago my son (about 12yrs old at the time) turned up at home with 3 friends in tow after the school had been shut due to a burst water pipe. The other kids' mums were at work, so he told them it was OK to come here! School hadn't notified parents that the school was closing, so I had to phone the parents to say I had their children!
They did actually offer to pay me, but I said no. They all bought me flowers or chocolates instead :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
11-02-2010, 07:54 AM
how many other mums are cool at that age (your sons age not yours :laughing: :cool: )
sounds like you should send him round advertising for you in quiet spells! lol

Mollymop
11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
That's great cool pip!:D

I was told by an ex 11 year old girl mindee that I was more fun than boys:eek: :laughing:

The Juggler
11-02-2010, 08:09 AM
aw bless that's lovely. the older boys normal prefer the after school clubs so your son must think you are dead cool. shame he was offering your services for free though - tell him next time to make sure he adds "she's a childminder, but your dad will need to pay her, she doesn't work for nothing y'know" :laughing:

Pipsqueak
11-02-2010, 08:46 AM
He arrived with dad and looks like he is moving in lol, he has bought wellies, spare clothes and few quid (his dad said he was to buy his own lunch etc) and very excited promising me he will be really good and will help me out:D . They are upstairs playing xbox at the moment, I have laid down some ground rules which he is fine with.

Oh joy 5 boys today - whoo hoo (well thats if one of my mindees turns up i haven;t heard from them for the last 3 sessions)

PixiePetal
11-02-2010, 09:41 AM
aw bless that's lovely. the older boys normal prefer the after school clubs so your son must think you are dead cool. shame he was offering your services for free though - tell him next time to make sure he adds "she's a childminder, but your dad will need to pay her, she doesn't work for nothing y'know" :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Must remember that line!

Bushpig
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh how lovely!! :D

mamasheshe
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
and nor can I go and 'rescue them' from the after school club a

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gizmo
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Aw thats so sweet hope it works out for you :thumbsup:

miffy
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
It's a lovely compliment Pip.

Miffy xx

bexcee
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
How's it going? He sounds like a lovely lad and you should take it as a huge compliment :jump for joy:

LeanneC
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Awwwww :thumbsup: