PDA

View Full Version : Day off but mum never told me..

Desi-101
10-02-2010, 09:56 PM
not to collect mindee from school, so I stood around until mindee's friends mum who works at the school came out and told me that she was going home with her daughter! and she was surprised I did not know as mindee's mum had packed a rucksack with clothes etc.. its an 8 mile trip so was a bit cross. When I contacted mum she said she forgot, and then commented.. "luckily it was her who forgot and not me as it would have been a serious matter!! ha ha" ... I hate to complain but this mum is very pedantic and working with her I know she would not forget ever, am I being paranoid in thinking she wants me to work for my pay as I will be charging for today as I am available to work and I am available tomorrow too but mindee is going to dad for half term so is being collected early!!

miffy
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Her comment would have annoyed me!

I've had this happen too but at least I'm only a few minutes walk from school.

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
very frustrating

stick to your guns where fees are concerned though

little_gems
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
this happens to me quite often i have one parent how pays for a full week but sometimes doesnt use any days. they are ment to let me no on the monday for the week ahead and most of the time i have to ring at 2.30 to find out if im collecting!!!!!

Desi-101
12-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks for replys... grrr so it happens often to you guys too!!, which will be an annoying part of job, and yes I will charge, for yesterday as I'm letting her off on hols and snow days etc...why are childminders sooo unappreciated :)