PDA

View Full Version : Mum Forgot

Gizmo
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
To come and pick up her daughter
I have changed one of my mindees days from Thurs to Wed due to a new starter this week
Lo gets dropped off at school in the morning and gets picked up either at school at 3 of at my house about 4.30. They didnt turn up at 4.30 and I kept checking my phone to see if they had text me, lo kept asking if she was staying for dinner, I called mums mobile at 5.10 and dad said she was on her way, mum came in a bit flustered and said she forgot the lo was here :eek:
Dont know where she thought she had been all day then :panic:

Rubybubbles
10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
:eek:

shocking

solly
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
How can you froget where your daughter is:eek:

LOOPYLISA
10-02-2010, 08:38 PM
:panic: :panic:

Winnie
10-02-2010, 08:39 PM
That happened to me twice, same child :eek: first time mum was in Brighton on business :rolleyes: and the second time there was a mix up as to who was picking up- mum or granny- so lo didnt get picked up. I was shocked & mad on both occasions and felt very sorry for the lo.
I would write an incident slip and get mum to sign.

sarah707
10-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I had a couple of parents who did a huge balancing act with who was having lo on which days.

One day lo was expecting mum and she didn't come... I rang and she was still at work thinking it was dad's turn.

I rang dad and he was out on a works do!

Oh how we laughed about it later! :rolleyes: :D

caz3007
10-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Mine wasnt a mum who forgot, but I had a LO who sometimes came to me and sometimes went to after school club. I was standing outside his classroom to see him go past down a corridor with the after school club woman. I panicked, checked with mum I was talking to to check I hadnt got days muddled and ended up running right around the school to try and catch up with them. I was gobsmacked that they had taken him even though he didnt attend on that day and also that she handed him over without checking with the child who I was or consulting her list.

Needless to say his mum stopped him going to Club and I got him full time

Alibali
10-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I've had one too:laughing:

Mum thought dad was collecting, dad thought mum was collecting - no-one came for him - poor mite!

Mouse
10-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I have one set of parents who never quite seem to know what they're doing.

I've had them both go home, then realise neither of them has been to collect the children. But more often than not, they both turn up here! Sometimes they arrive at the same time, other times mum will arrive a bit early & take the children. Half an hour later dad will be knocking on the door expecting to collect them :rolleyes: I suppose it's better than no one turning up!

nikim
10-02-2010, 09:23 PM
i had a mum go to the nursery her child attended ,stand outside with all the parents for 10 mins then go in to be told that her child wasnt there on that day he was with me , she was supposed to collect him from my house 2 hrs later , she had left work early too :laughing:

miffy
10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Oh dear! Bet she won't do it again though!

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
10-02-2010, 09:28 PM
My mindee came to me as a one-off on my day off this Monday and I told mum that at 5.45pm I have to collect my own kids from the after school club.
Got back and the dad was sitting in his car, white with worry as he could not see our car and no-one was in the house.
She forgot to tell him :rolleyes: He had also rung the house number and his text arrived after he had left.

huggableshelly
10-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I get that often with one child, Parents seperated and both unreliable so i now text them 30 mins before pick up time to remind them to pick up and even that fails if they forget to turn their mobiles on!

dont ya just love forgetful parents!

tashaleee
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I had one that used to drive past the edge of my estate to get home - and he lived 10 miles out of town and always picked up...... One day he was about 20 mins late (they paid til 5.30 but were normally with me by 5ish so technically he wasnt late) I got a panic phone call from him to find out he was on his way to me - after he had got home and wife asked him where their DD was so he had to come back to get her :eek: :rolleyes:

Lady Haha
10-02-2010, 11:37 PM
I have one set of parents who never quite seem to know what they're doing.

I've had them both go home, then realise neither of them has been to collect the children. But more often than not, they both turn up here! Sometimes they arrive at the same time, other times mum will arrive a bit early & take the children. Half an hour later dad will be knocking on the door expecting to collect them :rolleyes: I suppose it's better than no one turning up!

I've had that too! But its a mum and her sister. Mum has her sister pick up her daughter alot and as usual she had come and collected, then half an hour later mum turned up to get her.

One of my mindees started reception a couple of years ago and they had alot of half days where I then picked mindee up at lunchtime and dad picked up from me or from school at 3.15pm. Well, one day, and you can see where this is going...:laughing: ....dad turns up late all of a fluster cos he's been waiting at the school for mindee when mindee has been here all afternoon!!! I was worried he would turn up here one day instead of school!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nell57
11-02-2010, 07:50 AM
I had it the other way once. A LO used to come to me 2 days and a nursery 2 days. One day I had call from the dad, who said sorry I'm running late, will be there in 15mins, okay I said, but you do know he's not with me today, but at nursery:rolleyes: Best of it, it would of been way past the time the nursery closed

suzyblue
11-02-2010, 08:17 AM
I've had a dad arrive to collect son on a day I didnt have him and the dad had no idea where he was! He was fine tho at a friends house. Another time I had a dad collect his son (different dad and son) and five minutes later the mum turned up to collect him. I wouldnt mind but both parents had been working from home that day!

PARENTS WHO"D AVE EM!!

haribo
11-02-2010, 08:23 AM
ive not had anyone forget , but on more than one occasion have opened the door to a parent expecting there child and its not been here -the panic is awful till i remember its not the day for the child and he /she will be waiting at nans house :laughing: :laughing:

RedDragon
11-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I had a parent who often phoned me from abroad on my mobile 10 minutes AFTER school had finished to say she had no one to collect (I picked up twice a week on set days-the days she phoned were not my days) and would I be a darling.

Parent is no longer talking to me (and now shoves her from pillar to post) because of an unrelated incident (that was not my fault).

bexcee
11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
It's rather shocking that parents can 'forget' about their children or not know where they are :eek: I guess when they split childcare between after school clubs, nursery and a childminder it's hard not only on them but the child too. Just stick with childminders we are the best! :rolleyes:

merry
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
I very nearly forgot to collect a child from school last week :eek: His Dad works shifts so days and hours change every week, sometimes every day with very little notice, and despite having his little brother with me and checking my pick up list before I left the house, I just completely forgot when I got there. It was only when a childminder friend passed me as I waited for other children coming and she said aren't you having J tonight? He was waiting outside with his teacher, only about 5/6 ft away from me but around a corner so I hadn't seen him. I've been extra extra careful to remember him this week :laughing:

:)

MissTinkerbell
12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
When there's miscommunication its not hard to 'forget'. I have to admit to doing it:blush:

When DD1 was at preschool and DD2 and DS were only tiny babies, hubby used to usually collect DD1 from preschool on a Friday, as he used to come home for lunch. I used to ask him on Friday morning before he went to work. This particular day I didn't. I assumed he'd remember as he usually picked her up and he thought that as I hadn't asked he didn't need to pick her up.

He arrived home at lunch time with no DD1 thinking I'd gone to get her!!

She was fine - was sitting quite happily munching on biscuits and reading a book. It never happened again though.

youarewhatyoueat
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
It's rather shocking that parents can 'forget' about their children or not know where they are :eek: I guess when they split childcare between after school clubs, nursery and a childminder it's hard not only on them but the child too. Just stick with childminders we are the best! :rolleyes:

Flipping heck, not much hope for me then, i'm just glad my older 2 children have mobile phones so can remind me who needs picking up and when.
I have every sympathy for parents as a mum of 4 myself, with one in each key stage at school, all doing different things I can totally understand why parents can 'forget ' their kids!!!!!

Gizmo
12-02-2010, 10:49 PM

the lo only goes between me and mum so dont know what she thought she had done with her and she is quite a noisy child so you always know that she is about :laughing: