PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be in the local paper!!

Chanelle
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I had a phone call this afternoon from our local paper in Northampton ... The 'Chronical and Echo'.

There has been bad press on the news about Childcare being too expensive so they are doing a feature on this and wanted to interview me!! I feel so special :D

They called me back after school as I was just going out on the school run.

They asked loads of questions about what Childminders do, activities etc ... I made a big point of saying that we are not recognised for what we do and that we provide a very loving, environment etc etc etc ....

It will be in the paper either next .. Wednesday, Thursday or Friday . :laughing:

Now I have to decide what to wear for the photographer who is coming tomorrow!!! Hmmm .... :rolleyes:

beccas
10-02-2010, 06:34 PM
ooh how exciting you willhave to put a link to it on here if it is online aswell.

sarah707
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh wow! It's great when childminders get the chance to shine!

Do you have a logo'd shirt you could wear for the photo? :D

The Juggler
10-02-2010, 06:49 PM
wow! what an honour!

Chanelle
10-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh wow! It's great when childminders get the chance to shine!

Do you have a logo'd shirt you could wear for the photo? :D

I don't have one no, I know someone who does though. Maybe she will lend me one. It is a NCMA one.

I am really excited but the only problem is I took our wall display work down yesterday so I need to find something to put up quick! ... I have gathered a few bits of Chinese New Year pictures that we have been doing his week.

Chanelle
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I can now sigh with relief as I now have my Happy Chinese New Year wall completed and our pretty little colour socks are up!!

I at least have nice pictures done for tomorrow now just need to sort out little old me! :D

desiderata
10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Thats sounds good. Well done you:) Go girl and tell them what its all aboutxx

huggableshelly
10-02-2010, 09:56 PM
oohhhh i'm sure you will manage ...

a clown costume comes to mind to show off how much fun you have hee hee ... hmm ok maybe not you dont need people thinking you are crazy hee hee

miffy
10-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Very exciting!

Looking forward to seeing the article :)

Miffy xx

Chanelle
10-02-2010, 09:59 PM
lol ... I am very crazy ! But as I am representing allChildminder's I had better put my semi-serious face on lol .... Just must remember not to stick my tongue out when I have the photo done ..... such a hard habit to break :p

Desi-101
10-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Cool!! Don't forget to mention this web site!! I'm in South Northants so not far from you but don't get that paper, keep us updated as to how the interview goes :clapping:

It's a small world
10-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi

do they have a website so we can read it?

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.:clapping:

Chanelle
11-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I have the photographer coming today at 4.30 !! Once the article is in the paper I will check if it is also online. If it is I will put a link to it on here.

I had the interview yesterday but she had specific questions she asked. It was to reassure parents that there is affordable childcare out there.

It ws pretty nerve racking to be honest and felt like I was being interviewed for a job lol .... I just hope the article when it comes out is possitive, you never know what they will say and how much of the true I told her will be in it. Lets hope I have done Childminder's justice and it is a good one :)

Chanelle
11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
So So Cross!!!!

WQe were all ready or the photographer and children were all excited, when he was 30 mins late I called the paper to ask where he was.

He apparentlly thought it had been cancelled !!!

So I went off and said that it was irrisponsible of them to let children down etc etc ....

Have now resceduled for tomorrow at 4pm !