PDA

View Full Version : when to advertise a vacancy?

sandy64
10-02-2010, 02:30 PM
hi i have a child leaving me this summer so will have a fulltime vacancy is it to soon to advertise now? when would you advert and ideas how? we cant advertise in our local childrens info centre until we have a vacancy, i have told our pre school nursery and toddler group leader.

Mrs.L.C
10-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I would start advertising straight away as you dont know how long it would take to get work and it seems like more and more parents are looking into childcare before finding a job these days

MissTinkerbell
10-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree with Laura - start advertising now. Many mums who are returning to work start looking for childcare months before they actually need the space. I've filled a space that I have coming in the summer already - I started advertising as soon as I knew the date they were leaving me.

loocyloo
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
i've just filled a space for september 2011 :eek:

LO currently at day nursery, but assuming she gets in to local school, and we'll know that this time next year ( !!! ) then she'll be coming to me !!! am not committing anything to paper until at least this time next year !!!

i usually start to advertise as soon as i know i have vacancy coming up, even if it doesn't start for a few months.

The Juggler
11-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I've often advertised early for vacancies coming up in September when people are leaving me to go to school. it's nice to know you are sorted. Also with mums leaving as going on maternity they've always given me loads of notice of when they are stopping.

jaja
11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
i would advertise now, the earlier the better..... good luck with filling your spaces in xx

Zoomie
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
we cant advertise in our local childrens info centre until we have a vacancy,

Hows the CIS going to know whether you have the vacancy free right now or not.

I would adverstise.

Good luck :)

sandy64
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM
good thinking zoomie hadnt thought of it like that will ring them now

miffy
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I agree with the others start advertising now - I've already had enquiries for September.

Miffy xx

marian
11-02-2010, 01:21 PM
I agree - advertise :) I have had a few phone calls about september already.

Marian x

Richard
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I would say it is never too early to advertise a vacancy if you have one coming up even if it is several months away.

We get some parents registering who are still pregnant with their first child and they are looking for childcare months ahead even before the child is born!

Richard

Childcare.co.uk
www.childcare.co.uk

Tina O
12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
As above, sooner the better! (as long as you have it in writing that the place is becoming available) xxT