PDA

View Full Version : Noble Minder

Pauline
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Noble Minder have joined the Forum as a Business Forum Friend. :)

I know in the past some members have wondered what they do and what they are all about, so here is your chance to ask any questions.

Below is a description from Noble Minder of what they provide for childminders.

"Noble Minder (http://www.nobleminder.co.uk)- The complete on line support package proving childminding business tools. The package includes EYFS Observation and Assessment Records, Book keeping including invoicing, Risk Assessments, Policy Writer and much more. Devised to aid in all aspects of running a childminding business. See you yourself how Noble Minder can benefit your business with a free 14 day trial."

Please feel free to ask any questions and someone from Noble Minder will be along to answer them.

Nix
10-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on these people as I have one of their fliers offering 14 days free...but then you sign up to about £15 a month. Just wondered if it was worth the money. Does anyone use them?

Pauline
10-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Can I just say that any flyers that people have received have not come from the Forum nor do I ever share your email addresses with anyone! Your personal information is safe with me.

You can read my Privacy Policy by using the link at the very bottom of the Forum. :)

LisaMcNally09
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Do we have to register with the Data Protection people to be able to use them?? I thought if we kept information on internet or pc we had to???

Pauline
10-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Do we have to register with the Data Protection people to be able to use them?? I thought if we kept information on internet or pc we had to???

Yes I would think you would have to register.

noble76
10-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Noble Minder Package.

Regarding childminders reciving our postcards, these are being distributed by some Local Authorities, Family Information Services and childminding groups across England. We do not buy or sell childminders details. We pursue genuine ways off letting childminders know that our package exists such as being a forum friend her on the Childminding Forum. Our Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions are available on the non members pages for all to read.

Data Protection.

Noble Minder has Data Protection that covers everything entered on the package.

However, if a childminder keeps any personal information regarding a child and their family on computer they are required to have data protection. We have devised the package with that in mind. All children are represented by icons throughout. Members can print off a list of their chosen icons and write the corresponding childrens names next to them. This can then be stored with their other secure documents and referred to when using the package.

If members choose to use the following function within the package they will require Data Protection. However these are optional and it is up to each member to make that decision for their business.

Up loading photographs to the Observation and Assessment Record.
And including the name address on invoices. (this is stored on your cookies)

Members can complete the records without uploading photographs and produce invoices with adding any Billing information.

I hope that answers the two members questions. Please keeping asking us. It's good to be able to answer you.

Thanks so much

Sue

noble76
10-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes I would think you would have to register.

You do not require data protection to use the Noble Minder Package. There are two functions that if you choose to use them you will need to have your own data protection. We have members who don't use these and therefore do not need data protection.

We also have members who have chosen to register under the Data Protection Act so they can make full use of the Observation and Assessment Records.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Pauline
11-02-2010, 08:13 AM
You do not require data protection to use the Noble Minder Package. There are two functions that if you choose to use them you will need to have your own data protection. We have members who don't use these and therefore do not need data protection.

We also have members who have chosen to register under the Data Protection Act so they can make full use of the Observation and Assessment Records.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Thanks for explaining that Lisa :)

Pauline
13-02-2010, 09:42 AM

Hope that helps.

Lisa

I've been asked this question about the data protection info, I don't know the answer so have put it here for you Lisa:

Question from a member who didn't want to come on the thread:

I'm confused because I called the ICO helpline to ask about registering.

I asked about using a computer to upload information to a central website about children in a childminder’s care (whether or not photos or accounts or address details were uploaded).

The ICO strongly suggest if anyone wants to upload any information onto a computer about a child, they go to –

http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/...ification.aspx (http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/data_protection/notification.aspx)

Follow the link in pink on the right ‘do I need to notify?’ and answer the questions.

According to ICO if you are a data controller (which we are as childminders) and you are processing information for education purposes (which we are as Eyfs is care and education) on a computer then you must register with them.

Also, even if I was just putting information onto my computer to upload it onto another system (e.g. Noble Minder or any other online system) then I am storing it at home as well as uploading and need to register.

noble76
22-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I've been asked this question about the data protection info, I don't know the answer so have put it here for you Lisa:

Question from a member who didn't want to come on the thread:

I'm confused because I called the ICO helpline to ask about registering.

I asked about using a computer to upload information to a central website about children in a childminder’s care (whether or not photos or accounts or address details were uploaded).

The ICO strongly suggest if anyone wants to upload any information onto a computer about a child, they go to –

http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/...ification.aspx (http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/data_protection/notification.aspx)

Follow the link in pink on the right ‘do I need to notify?’ and answer the questions.

According to ICO if you are a data controller (which we are as childminders) and you are processing information for education purposes (which we are as Eyfs is care and education) on a computer then you must register with them.

Also, even if I was just putting information onto my computer to upload it onto another system (e.g. Noble Minder or any other online system) then I am storing it at home as well as uploading and need to register.

Hi
I hope to be able to clarify this for you. We (Noble Minder) are registered and comply with the 1999 Data Protection Act and are Data Controllers. This covers all information entered on to the Noble Minder package that relates to your business. By business I mean any generic items that are unrelated to any child. For example your business items such as your policies, book keeping, risk assessments etc.

Childminders are required to be registered if they enter any data relating to the children and their families they provide care on to any computer including the Noble Minder Package. This is the childminders responsibility and not Noble Minders. We have outlined in an earlier post the two sections you can choose to use within the package which would require you to notify the ICO in your own right.

At no point as Noble Minder claimed to be able to take on this reasonability for our members or advised any childminder not to have their own notification in place with the ICO if choosing to store data on a computer.

We are responsible to our members our members are responsible to their clients (customers). So we comply (with the 1999 Data Protection Act) to protect you and you must comply (with the 1999 Data Protection Act) to protect your families.

As are members are aware we refer to this in the necessary sections of the Noble Minder package and our FAQ's.

I hope this helps. If we can be of any further help with this please let us know.

Thank you.

noble76
22-02-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on these people as I have one of their fliers offering 14 days free...but then you sign up to about £15 a month. Just wondered if it was worth the money. Does anyone use them?

Hi

Thought you may be intereseted in the following.

Due to the popularity of the package we are now in a position to offer it at a monthly fee of £9.95.

If you have any questions about the package please let us know.

Thank you.

Pipsqueak
22-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi

Thought you may be intereseted in the following.

Due to the popularity of the package we are now in a position to offer it at a monthly fee of £9.95.

If you have any questions about the package please let us know.

Thank you.

just been having a look at the site and package looks good and if I was a bit richer then I might be tempted. Sadly I am not in a position to be able to afford - even at the £9.95 a month!

good luck though

noble76
22-02-2010, 06:31 PM
just been having a look at the site and package looks good and if I was a bit richer then I might be tempted. Sadly I am not in a position to be able to afford - even at the £9.95 a month!

good luck though

Thank you for your comments, I hope business picks up for you.

Hebs
22-02-2010, 06:41 PM
i've been looking and i'm very tempted

twise
22-02-2010, 08:15 PM
alright people i will bite the bullet and give it a go!!!

Watch this space

Tracy

Hebs
22-02-2010, 08:16 PM
alright people i will bite the bullet and give it a go!!!

Watch this space

Tracy

:thumbsup: :clapping: :D

ChocolateChip
22-02-2010, 09:00 PM
This looks very interesting!
I have a question for the Noble friends.
I am having a lot of problems with my laptop lately, am I right in thinking that everything is stored at the website end, so if my laptop crashed I could access it from another computer?

From one who is having to use oh's laptop at the moment :(

Pudding Girl
22-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Is Noble Minder of any use to anyone not in England?

noble76
22-02-2010, 10:09 PM
This looks very interesting!
I have a question for the Noble friends.
I am having a lot of problems with my laptop lately, am I right in thinking that everything is stored at the website end, so if my laptop crashed I could access it from another computer?

From one who is having to use oh's laptop at the moment :(

Hi

Yes you are absolutely right. Everything is stored on the Noble Minder's dedicated server.

However, if you are having issues with how your laptop or PC is generally performing (speed it is running at etc) this will affect how the package seems to operate. Please bear this in mind. Our support team will help members with getting things sorted to enable it to run smoother. So please get in touch if you choose to give it a go.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

Lisa

noble76
22-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Is Noble Minder of any use to anyone not in England?

Hi

We have got members in both Wales and Scotland. Although the package is compliant with the regulations within England at the moment, minders in other areas find the business tools very useful.

We also have plans to adapt the package to comply with the legislative requirements of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Many thanks

Lisa

Pauline
23-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi
I hope to be able to clarify this for you. We (Noble Minder) are registered and comply with the 1999 Data Protection Act and are Data Controllers. This covers all information entered on to the Noble Minder package that relates to your business. By business I mean any generic items that are unrelated to any child. For example your business items such as your policies, book keeping, risk assessments etc.

Childminders are required to be registered if they enter any data relating to the children and their families they provide care on to any computer including the Noble Minder Package. This is the childminders responsibility and not Noble Minders. We have outlined in an earlier post the two sections you can choose to use within the package which would require you to notify the ICO in your own right.

At no point as Noble Minder claimed to be able to take on this reasonability for our members or advised any childminder not to have their own notification in place with the ICO if choosing to store data on a computer.

We are responsible to our members our members are responsible to their clients (customers). So we comply (with the 1999 Data Protection Act) to protect you and you must comply (with the 1999 Data Protection Act) to protect your families.

As are members are aware we refer to this in the necessary sections of the Noble Minder package and our FAQ's.

I hope this helps. If we can be of any further help with this please let us know.

Thank you.

Thank you for the detailed explanation :)

babs
23-02-2010, 10:35 AM
i did try to reg but u have to enter your bank details even to try it free for 14 days .....

RainbowMum
23-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Question for Noble minder .... Have any of the childminders using your system had an Ofsted inspection whilst using it and if so What was the opinion of the big O?

Nadine Beazley
23-02-2010, 11:01 AM
ooooooh! Good question!!! xxx

angeldelight
23-02-2010, 11:02 AM
i did try to reg but u have to enter your bank details even to try it free for 14 days .....

Why ? Does this mean that you are obligated then after the free 14 days ?

What do you get for 14 days ?

Did anyone try it ?

Angel xx

babs
23-02-2010, 11:05 AM
ive now signed up, so will let u know and no u can cancel at any time...

noble76
23-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Question for Noble minder .... Have any of the childminders using your system had an Ofsted inspection whilst using it and if so What was the opinion of the big O?

Hi

Thank you for your question and yes I would agree a very good one.
We have not posed this question to our members. But would be more than willing to do so.

We can come back to you regarding this, hope that is ok.

We can’t see that the business system we provide would create any issues with Ofsted, as it provides childminders with tools business for their setting. We have had many Local Authorities across England look at the package and the feedback has been positive.

Thank you for your question.

Lisa

ChocolateChip
23-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, I am going to give it a go! :thumbsup:

Ben10mad
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
hi.
I have a question....
Is this right, You do everything on computer then do you just print off and put everything in children's folders?
How do you pay by direct debit each month?
Farrah x

noble76
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
hi.
I have a question....
Is this right, You do everything on computer then do you just print off and put everything in children's folders?
How do you pay by direct debit each month?
Farrah x

Hi Farrah,

Thanks for your questions. Yes everything is printable. Observation and Assessment Records can be emailed as well as printed.

The payment is a recurring payment. Once your card details are entered they payment is requested each month on the same day. You can cancel your account at any point once you have canceled no more payments will be requested. You can also put a stop on payments with your bank if you so wish.

Thank you

Lisa