PDA

View Full Version : continuous planning

little_gems
09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Help!!!
Im really sruggling to do my continuous planning. Does anyone have any examples that they wouldnt mind sharing???? im due ofsted soon and ive been told that the planning ive been doing isn't right so am having to start again so any help would be great.
Thanks

miss mopple
09-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I just have a form in their files that I note ideas for next activities on, with a column for why (relate back to the obs), the areas of eyfs it covers and a column for date completed. Simple and to the point :)

sarah707
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Planning is not 'right' or 'wrong'.

If it works for you and the children then it is fine!

Don't throw away what you have already done, just take on board advice to tweak it a little.

Don't forget, nobody knows what Ofsted want to see so anything anyone says to you is advice, not some kind of gospel.

You need to show...

Children's interests / what they have been playing with / what they have been doing elsewhere / what parents say they are doing at home...

How this meets the Eyfs... this is your assessment bit

Next steps... this is the planning you do for the individual child.

There's group planning as well which you use for things like pancake day or Chinese New Year... again there are lots of different ways of setting this out and no right or wrong ways.

Hth! :D

little_gems
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
i do that sort of thing for my short term planning!! but was told that i need sperate sheets for each area ; construction, role play, creative....... ect each listing what resources i have how it links into the EYFS and then development matters.
Does that make sence???:panic: :panic:

sarah707
09-02-2010, 09:29 PM
i do that sort of thing for my short term planning!! but was told that i need sperate sheets for each area ; construction, role play, creative....... ect each listing what resources i have how it links into the EYFS and then development matters.
Does that make sence???:panic: :panic:

Oh you mean continuous provision planning sheets! :idea:

They are one way of planning.. you do not need them!

Some childminders use them to make planning and obs easier but they are long winded to set up.

Has whoever made this daft pronouncement given you any examples? :rolleyes:

Have a look here - you have to register but it's free to download -

http://www.tes.co.uk/resourcehub.aspx :D

little_gems
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
i got a few off my daughters school but just wondering if anyone else dd these???? as im finding them really hard!!! and ur right they seem to be taing ages to set up!!!
I'm just worried as i no OFSTED are due in the next few weeks and im worried ive not got everything in place.:(

nannymcflea
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't get hung up on what someone else has said "should" be done.

Follow Sarahs advice and you'll not go wrong.

I did obs, next steps and planned activities from there, I evaluated what we had done (not every bit but main activities) to say if it went well and if I could improve, very simple but showed OFSTED that I knew my children.:thumbsup:

There is no right or wrong.

mama2three
10-02-2010, 07:15 AM
i got a set of continuos planning sheets from my network - tbh they dont get used that much apart from for reference.

there are some different ones here that might give you an idea http://www.doncasterlea.org.uk/pages/viewpage.asp?uniqid=8309

the problem is although they show the areas that sand ( or whichever) link to , they arent personal to the child or group in this format so we still need to write up the planning / obs anyway. my medium term planning does have the areas of continuous provision down the side , and what i will ' enhance' them with in this month - for example coloured rice in heuristic to link with chinese new year , then further broken down with notes for individuals.

its just 1 way of doing things - no better or worse than what youre doing just now.

little_gems
10-02-2010, 10:19 AM
are OFSTED likely to down grade me if i dont have them in place????

estrelas
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Nope

I done planning etc at the very beginning then stopped

I still got graded good, maybe i would have done better with them who knows?
I do basic planning now, instead of night after night paper work x

sarah707
10-02-2010, 10:57 AM

No, they are just one way of planning.

If they don't make sense to you then they are not important.

We all do things different ways :D