PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Temperature Logs

MAWI
09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Does anyone keep fridge temperature logs??? or is just writing it down in your policies enough to satisfy OFSTED?? I keep logging onto this site and finding more and more that I dont do !!!!

Mcgons
09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I've got the childminder food safety pack from the FSA, and it says you don't need to record it daily, just write down if it's not the correct temp and what you did to rectifiy it. There is a chart in the folder that you get. If you look on FSA website, you can get one sent to you.

Straws
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
I dont do logs because I kept forgetting to fill it out, I do visual checks throughout the day and adjust if needed, but if you had a food poisoning outbreak and you had not recorded fridge temperatures, you might be in trouble with the local environmental health, not sure if its a requirement someone with more knowledge will come along and answer later.

Straws xx

Heaven Scent
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I've got the childminder food safety pack from the FSA, and it says you don't need to record it daily, just write down if it's not the correct temp and what you did to rectifiy it. There is a chart in the folder that you get. If you look on FSA website, you can get one sent to you.

This is all you need to do - it is not a requirement to log temp - my environmental inspector told me not to bother - I used to do it but I don't anymore.

There is another thread on here about it - We sometime get ourselves into a panic and take on too much - you have enough paperwork to do and you have a responsibility to your family so my advice to you is keep the stuff you are required to do up to date then see to your own family and if there is any time left - look after yourself.

MAWI
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM
ManyThanks for the info from FSA. I Will probably look at it.

Celest- I do know what you mean, I feel like there are not enough hours in the day. I know Im doing a good job, but the paperwork ahhhhhhhh I feel like its taking over my life at the moment. :) Im sure everyone feels the same. If its not a requirmenet T'll think wice about doing it. I do have it written in my policy that I check it, so think I will just keep to that.

Karaza
08-04-2010, 08:11 AM
I just record on my risk assessment that I have checked the temperature of the fridge and freezer and if it had to be adjusted at all.

Rubybubbles
08-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't keep a log as such, but have a croc fridge thingy in the fridge which goes blue and states OK on it for the right temp, so everytime I go into the fridge I se it lol!

I do write on my daily RA fridge OK:laughing: