PDA

View Full Version : bad crb check

saintsue
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
morning everyone
i went to childminder drop in this morning and my frind there had sent off for her husband to be her assiant, but his crb check has come back with something on it that happened 20 years ago with a old girl friend she has been minding for 15 years he had police checks then and nothing came back

she is worried ofsted will tell her she cant mind anymore
what do you all think ofsted will do?
luv sue xxxxx

saintsue
09-02-2010, 12:40 PM
OMG SORRY ABOUT SPELLING WAS ON PHONE AT SAME TIME XXXXXXXX

Blackhorse
09-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Her husband should have already had a CRB check before if he is living in the same hourse though? would ofsted not already know about this??

oops didnt read it properly.
sorry dont know what they would say .

saintsue
09-02-2010, 12:43 PM
She just said he had already had the old police checks not crb
luv sue xxx

Spangles
09-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't know what will happen, 20 years is a long time ago. Has she phoned the CRB people? Can you do that?

(Didn't notice anything wrong with your spelling!)

Tink
09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I would tell her to get advice from Ofsted i'm not sure when it comes to CRB's sorry i'm not much help x

caz3007
09-02-2010, 12:51 PM
When I had my initial inspection, Mrs O said she had to go out when she was new to discuss a problem with a potential CM's hubby. Many years ago, he had been found guilty of sex with a minor. It turned out the minor was the CM and her dad had was a policeman and had got funny. Hubby was only a couple of years older than the CM, but her dad had inisted that he was charged.

What I am trying to say was they allowed this woman to be a CM and think they would look individually at the circumstances in such a case. So hope they would do the same in your friends case

suzyblue
09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Im pretty sure it would only be taken into account if it was a case against a child. If its criminal damage or something like that it wont be a problem.