PDA

View Full Version : Childminder settings as pen pals??

Beckieboo
09-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I was just wondering if anyone was interested in doing a penpals system where the little ones in our settings can write a letter or letters to another setting saying what they have been upto, they could send work and photo's (Need permission from parents and only 1st name of the children will be used) and in return the other children could write to them.

It would be good for them to see where other children live and send postcards, photos and the children could write all about where they live ?

If anyone is interested pm me their contact details.

All names interested will be with another childminding setting.

What do you think?? I dont mind arranging it if anyone is interested ?? PM me

Good for KUW lol :laughing: :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Beckie, we have done this in the past, not sure if some are still doing it, my children used to write to Angels mindees, but I have no mindees at the writing stage just now , so its on hold at present.
Last Summer some of the minders on here sent me postcards from their home towns and I did the same from here, that was really good and we set up a display board and a map pin pointing where everyone was from.
Hope this helps
June

cas2805
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi Beckie, I love that idea.

As well as babies, I care for a 4 year old girl. She has just started writing, so maybe start with sending pictures and a couple of words. We live in Carshalton, which is in Greater London. Will check with her parents, but count me in
Caroline

Beckieboo
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Thats great, my little ones are aged from 19 months to three years. So we will write our letter together and include pictures and photos! I think the children will love this knowing they are gonna get letters and pictures maybe each month? Hopefully some others will get involved!!! :clapping: :clapping:

beccas
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
HI i am intrested i have children ranging from 9mnths up to 12 years. let me know details

Tink
09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
HI that sounds like a great idea.

I've got children from 18 months to 6 years but that sounds great x

Beckieboo
09-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Thats great! The kids will love it!:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

cas2805
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I have Mum's permission, how do we swap details?
Caroline

Beckieboo
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Just send me your name and address and i will draw names from a hat in a weeks time and we will each have our own setting penpals!! :clapping: :clapping:

katickles
15-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I think it sounds lovely. My mindee is only 22mths so no writing & not much in the way of communication yet.

My eldest dd would probably enjoy it, she's nearly 3 so can tell me what to write & she could add pics & things, as could mindee. Do you think their a bit to young yet, maybe wait until their a little bigger & they could be more involved?

maryp0ppins
15-02-2010, 02:33 PM
i would love to do that with my mindees

aged between 1yrs & 12yrs. Ill write a letter to parents & get the go ahead before hand, but im sure they will love the idea!

Count us in:clapping:

christinegrout
20-04-2011, 11:17 AM
that sounds like a good idea :)

teacherinwales
20-04-2011, 05:43 PM
What a lovely idea. :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
20-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Er, ladies this thread is over a year old...

Helen Dempster
20-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi ya. I'm interested in this...my eldest mindee is 9 years and I think he'd love it. Keep me posted....please :)

TammyN
21-04-2011, 04:27 PM
i wonder if this is still happening tho, my dd writes to Sarah's mindee and they love getting the letters :thumbsup:

ZoeAlli
21-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Er, ladies this thread is over a year old...

Thank you! Didn't notice as I was so caught up in what a great idea it was, until I read your post!
It would be lovely to get another group going tho, or even add on to those who were part of the original group! :)

Monkey26
21-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm interested!!! (despite the thread being over a year old haha!) xx

VINASOL
21-04-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm interested also...I have three 7 year olds; two 8 year olds and three 4 year olds....fab idea....

...know the thread is a year old but the interest is still there so would be keen to move it forward...am happy to help as much as I can.

What's the next step?

Louise317
21-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I would be also, I'm still in the process of registering (just waiting on a call from Mrs/Mr O) so have no mindee's yet but I do have a 4yr old son who would love the idea... and I have a 2tr old daughter who'll get to that stage to.

I had pen pals when in school and loved it.

Let me know any details :)