PDA

View Full Version : interesting discussion on mn

Winnie
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childminders_nannies_au_pairs_etc/909293-WWYD-if-you-knew-of-an-illegal-childinding-business

I’m flabbergasted that people think its ok :eek:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
There are still far too many people out there thinking that the regulations are crazy.

jelly15
08-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Some nasty tempers on that thread, expect they are unregistered CMs themselves.

michellethegooner
08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Just read it and am surprised that people think it's ok to cm unregistered then when something hits the headlines bout a child been hurt/abused etc the media use the term 'childminder' :angry:

venus89
08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I do agree that being unregistered doesn't mean that the person is giving a lower standard of care than a person who is registered. There's a CM in my town who lives on the same road as two of the children I mind. Both have said to me that they'd only send their child to her as a last resort. It's not that she's bad, just that when she's in the school playground or at toddler groups she's always sat chinwagging with her friends with no idea what her midnees are up to......

I think you're right, Jelly - they probably are unregistered themselves. They were certainly heated......

Blackhorse
08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
makes me mad.
I agree they might be great with children but if they want to be a childminder you need to be registered. that is the law and that's how it should be

you know what...tomorrow I will go out and say I am a lawyer as I watched Law and Order on TV and I just certify myself that I know what I am doing....
certainly people would be up in arms...but for childminders there seems to be not many people that care...

probably because they THINK IT IS NOT A REAL JOB SO DOESNT NEED ANY REAL CERTIFICATONS AND CHECKS!!!

I am angry now...can you tell???:angry:

Winnie
08-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Some nasty tempers on that thread, expect they are unregistered CMs themselves.

I find mumsnet folk can be rather abrasive and rude, there are some who seem to consider themselves too intelligent to bother with the law- some think they know best because they know everything :rolleyes: Whatever commonsense argument is put for childminders being registered there is always some whiz who pooh poohs professional registered qualified childcare. Its not worth arguing with such arrogance, I just stick to the fact that it’s the law, whatever the whiz thinks you can not argue with that (she’s probably the type that thinks she can drive well and use her mobile at the same time).

mamasheshe
08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I find mumsnet folk can be rather abrasive and rude, there are some who seem to consider themselves too intelligent to bother with the law- some think they know best because they know everything :rolleyes: Whatever commonsense argument is put for childminders being registered there is always some whiz who pooh poohs professional registered qualified childcare. Its not worth arguing with such arrogance, I just stick to the fact that it’s the law, whatever the whiz thinks you can not argue with that (she’s probably the type that thinks she can drive well and use her mobile at the same time).

this is why I've never used any other forum those people seem scary and pretty deranged http:blush: :blush:

mamasheshe
08-02-2010, 09:25 PM
not you people the ones on netmum :blush: :blush:

margimum
08-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm a bit dissapointed that a poster who is a registered cm on the thread used such obscene language..... not a good role model! But I admit to being a bit of a prude where swearing is concerned!!:blush:

Pipsqueak
08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
this is why I've never used any other forum those people seem scary and pretty deranged http:blush: :blush:

oh I dunno - we can do scary and deranged! rofl

WibbleWobble
09-02-2010, 10:14 AM
they use lots of naughty words that i dont understand...and they scare the **** out of me!

mamasheshe
09-02-2010, 11:05 AM
oh I dunno - we can do scary and deranged! rofl

maybe slightly deranged but not scary :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
they use lots of naughty words that i dont understand...and they scare the **** out of me!

:laughing: :laughing:

SparklingGems
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Its such a joke.

If anyone of those people on their child went with an unregistered minder and got seriously hurt or abused they would change their tune.

I think the biggest problem is peoples ignorance into what you have to do to be a childminder.

The lady talking about degrees saying she would not leave her child without someone having one. but its ok to have no crb, insurance first aid :panic: :panic:

Rant over