PDA

View Full Version : Term time care

devoncm
08-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Does anyone only do this? ive got 2 siblings who are term time only 2 days a week, my eldest dd 9 likes the idea of not having mindees in hols and tbh so do i as means we can do stuff just us, im going to advertise term time only spaces and see what comes up, if you do this how do you manage money wise in holidays? at moment im putting money by each month so i have the same amount almost each month

PixiePetal
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I work all through the year but for a couple of years I had all 6 mindees for term time only!

I charged retainers but that was because I would have been available.

I am now working all through again but give myself a weekly day off so I can do things with my teens( if they want to :rolleyes: ) in the hols.

The Juggler
08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
most of my mindees are t-time only. I have two sets of siblings who do need holiday care but it's only 2 days per week so I get 3 days free in the holidays. I don't charge a fee to the t-time only parents as I prefer to have time with the children.

Work out an annual fee then divide by 12 months (or 11 if you prefer to offer them a payment free month in August). However, by dividing it by 12 they are in effect underpaying a bit each month (less than the actual hours worked) so if they left before August they'd owe you money.

If my parents want to pay over 12 months I point this out to them and explain that I would need to work out actual hours worked if this happened and bill them the difference.

Hope that makes sense.

devoncm
08-02-2010, 05:33 PM
I thought ofbilling like that but then if contract was terminated id be chasing money so instead ive divided it by 12 mnths for my benefit and put any extra money aside and take from it when i have a shorter month