PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU MAKE TIME FOR FORUM ??

MarpleJollytots
08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I havent even got a mindee starting until april and i struggle to find time to come on the forum !!!!!! Im never going to get full assess !!!!!!!Ive decided im going to get up half an hour early and do half an hour on here,and also check my emails every morning then do half an hour at night.Mikes on here alot too but to be honest we get so carried away reading threads we forget to post !!!!!!How do you all make time when you are so busy ?????

mamasheshe
08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
at the moment i haven't got any mindees just dd age two at home so I'm on here quite a lot xxxxxxx

daisyboo1980
08-02-2010, 11:31 AM
i come on here in the morning and when the kids are asleep and then at night
i feel im missing something if im not on lol

Hebs
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
yeah before they arrive, while they are napping and once they've gone

MarpleJollytots
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Do you ever get carried away and spend hours on here? I can see how it can easily be done. Do any of you have a cut off point ??? I think i may get a timer !!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

estrelas
08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
:blush: I get up, turn pc on
wake up daughter sort her breakfast, come on here while she eats :blush:
Then i have 30 mins before little one arrives, so naturally i ignore the dishes and come on here
Then she sleeps for an hour so i ermmmm come back on :blush: :laughing:

I don't come on much at night tho unless i need to check something

estrelas
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Do you eve get carried away and spend hours on here? I can see how it can easily be done. Do any of you have a cut off point ??? I think i may get a timer !!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

I used to be like that, but then you sort of slow down, come on when you need something
At the begining i was on all the time :blush:

Gizmo
08-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I come on at lunchtime when the los are having there nap, then usually at night I sit with laptop on when watching the tv cos if I just sit on the chair with no laptop, book or sudoku I fall asleep :blush:

Lady Haha
08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I only have schoolies, so I'm here quite alot during school hours! And in the evening when my son is in bed I come back on too!

During school holidays, I disappear off the face of the planet as I'm too busy during the day and too tired in the evening!!!

janet
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
it use to be forum first then make time to work and family lol but now i leave it to my friend andrea

LOOPYLISA
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Not cm anymore and not working at the mo :thumbsup: :D

AliceK
08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I have a quick look when mindee is asleep and other mindee is at nursery and sometimes have a look in the evening too. But YES, it can get addictive :laughing:

xxxxx

mama2three
08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
i make time by ignoring the housework , the paperwork , the children ........ ( ok , not the children then , but definately the others!)

Pudding Girl
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I come on when I am not working (lots right now :( ) or when mindees are all asleep (as now yeehhaaaa!!!! but rarely happens)

mamasheshe
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I have a quick look when mindee is asleep and other mindee is at nursery and sometimes have a look in the evening too. But YES, it can get addictive :laughing:

xxxxx

my names shelley and i'm a childmindingforumaholic :laughing: :laughing: i don't even have any mindees yet so am not even a proper cm

Heaven Scent
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
My family and I now live in a pig sty and I have to forget all about spelling and grammar when replying to posts - I just think then click on the keys and what ever come up on the screen it is - i just simply have to move onto the next thread :blush: :blush:

Yes I too am a fourmaholic :blush: I just have to admit it.

Tatjana
08-02-2010, 02:18 PM
When mindees are napping and in the evening, occasionally if i have time in the morning.

Mindee been alseep since 1pm so have been cleaning the kitchen and sorting laundry, made myself lunch as wasn't hungry when the kids ate, just sat down with my lunch and came on here, chilling out until the school run now!

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
My internet is permanently connected during the day so I leave it on and come in when the mindees are asleep and then rush to get everything sorted for after school children - like now!

singlewiththree
08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
yeah before they arrive, while they are napping and once they've gone

me too mindee sleeping as I type got to get cracking though due at school for 3pm

MarpleJollytots
08-02-2010, 04:45 PM
My family and I now live in a pig sty and I have to forget all about spelling and grammar when replying to posts - I just think then click on the keys and what ever come up on the screen it is - i just simply have to move onto the next thread :blush: :blush:

Yes I too am a fourmaholic :blush: I just have to admit it.

I am the opposite,or was the opposite.When i first came on here i would spend agers checking my posts to make sure i gave a good impression :blush:

Pipsqueak
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't make time for the forum - I make everything else fit in around the forum :laughing: :laughing:

Mondays and Tuesday are my 'days off' - ie not minding,
Wed-Fri - children leave at 1.30 so I can come on then or when they are napping

if I am up early enough in the mornings I pop on
this is the last place I check at night

FORUM ADDICT:D

WibbleWobble
08-02-2010, 05:33 PM
OH came home the other day to no tea...toys everywhere (LO had been gone 2 hours) and me sat here typing like a mad woman.

oops....its 5.30...i should get the tea on .....oh....whats that post? it looks interesting....

mandy x

newandlearning
08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I find it addictive too.. and very dangerous when anyone advertises a bargain :blush: .. I'm trying to not come on before school as I really have loads to do then.. pop on quick during lunch/quiet time and then once everyone has gone like now...
got totally side tracked on sat. looking at activity ideas and lost 3 hours..:blush: .. got loads of ideas.. got overwhelmed and still didn't plan anything :rolleyes: .. gonna catch up tonight.x

Monkey1
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
You mean i should be doing other things????:eek: :eek: :panic: :blush:

miffy
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
You mean i should be doing other things????:eek: :eek: :panic: :blush:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don't know what you're talking about I'm hardly ever here :laughing:

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don't know what you're talking about I'm hardly ever here :laughing:

Miffy xx

Me neither:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

breezy
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm giving up childminding to spend more time here, but for now the kids really do enjoy playing in the locked cupboard.............................honest they love it! None of them are scared of the dark anymore, they're so used to it:D

helenlc
08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
I come on here as I sit down to have my breakfast.

In the afternoon when LOs are sleeping and for a time in the evening.

Starting to annoy myself when I am out and talking to people face to face and I go "On the forum the other day ............":laughing: :laughing:

MrsT333
08-02-2010, 10:03 PM
first thing in the morning!
Then in the evening....i tell hubby its part of my work :laughing:

francinejayne
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I think this forum's great. I have learnt soooooooooooo much on here. And yes it is addictive!
It does have it's down sides though. I'm 3 weeks into my 8 week ICP course, and so far I've learnt nothing, as I'd already learnt it here!!!! :laughing:

Pipsqueak
08-02-2010, 10:25 PM
"On the forum the other day ............":laughing: :laughing:

I say that:blush: :blush:

Lady Haha
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
On the forum the other day ..........

Me too:blush: only for some reason I can't just say 'on the forum the other day', I have to say every single time "on the childminding forum I'm a member of.......'

My friends must get so fed up and be thinking 'why can't she just say 'on the forum the other day' ?:laughing: :laughing:

Cazz
08-02-2010, 11:57 PM
This forum is the reason why I only get a few hours sleep each night!!

I don't often get a chance to come on during the day and it's normally after 9pm before I get the time (or more likely my hands on the laptop :rolleyes: ) to come on.

I then try to catch up with everything from the last 24 hours (with an occasional visit to Facebook!) and then I realise I haven't finished tidying up/doing the kids packed lunches/cleaning the kitchen/doing paperwork etc etc.

This is the case right now but I can't get motivated to turn the laptop off and get my backside out of this chair :laughing: I really should have gone to bed a couple of hours ago as I'm full of cold now and feel a bit grotty :rolleyes:

MarpleJollytots
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
I think i will limit Tracie to 1 Hour per day!
But she may do the same to me?
On second thoughts i will leave it!

Mike

Playmate
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Its taken me a year to get to 400 posts, I used to spend alot more time on here but I just don't have time now. Hubby and I work 60hr week and never get sleep times, just sometimes it goes quiet like today :clapping: Also trying to get NVQ finished, so maybe when thats done I'll have more time :rolleyes:
So I symperthise with you, wish I had more time :D

MarpleJollytots
09-02-2010, 05:41 PM
To be honest myself and Tracie spend most of our time reading Post's rather than posting ourselves. There is so much information to hand and its a huge help for us.:clapping: :clapping:

Mike

ajs
09-02-2010, 05:42 PM
my laptop is permantently on the kitchen table so i log on when i get up then i shower and as it's on the table with me and the mindees i can have a quick look while they eat and if they are playing happily i will sometimes just come and have a check on new posts.

and of course when they sleep and when they go home ( like now) sometimes i spend all evening checking the fourm and fb and don't realise what the time is

PixiePetal
09-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I come on here as I sit down to have my breakfast.

In the afternoon when LOs are sleeping and for a time in the evening.

Starting to annoy myself when I am out and talking to people face to face and I go "On the forum the other day ............":laughing: :laughing:

Me too!!

I went to our local group meeting last night and more than once found myself saying it :laughing:

janminder
09-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I do find this forum very addictive once I am on but its getting on thats the problem :(

Computer is in my bedroom in a foldaway cupboard so 3 days it has a travel cot in front of it and unless I have the energy to put it away and then get it out again I can't get to it. My husband is on permanent early shifts so he goes to bed at around 9 Sunday to Friday so by the time I wait till he's in a deep sleep so the lamp and tapping dont disturb him I'm getting tired myself.

I did once try sitting with a blanket over me with stuff weighing it down on the top of the cupboard to block the light from the lamp but I moved and it all came crashing down on me :eek: so I gave that one up.

MarpleJollytots
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Whos got the most ever posts ??????????!!!!!!!!!

mamasheshe
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
do we count pauline ?? because surely it would be her xxxxxxx

Minstrel
09-02-2010, 06:55 PM
NO ITS ANGEL!!!! :laughing:

ORKSIE
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
NO ITS ANGEL!!!! :laughing:

Oh yes Ms Gas bag:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jelly15
09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Like lots of you I come one here several times everyday.

DSs leave for schoolat 8 am so coffee and toast at computer.

Midees nap after lunch, log on.

Mindees leave around 5.30 pm so I pop in and out several times in the evening.

Couldn't manage without my fix :clapping:

ORKSIE
09-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Couldn't manage without my fix :clapping:

Me neither:panic:

I log on as and when I can.
Nap time
When Lo's are a Play group.

I have to keep nipping on now and again:D

MarpleJollytots
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Anyone ever took their laptop to the loo with them ?????? !!! Thats a man thing isnt it ??? sitting there with a paper,magazine,or laptop.Come on all those sat there now on the forum, laptop on knee sat on the loo admit it !!!!! Bet Daddy day care does.:ROFL1:

ajs
09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Anyone ever took their laptop to the loo with them ?????? !!! Thats a man thing isnt it ??? sitting there with a paper,magazine,or laptop.Come on all those sat there now on the forum, laptop on knee sat on the loo admit it !!!!! Bet Daddy day care does.:ROFL1:

urgh TMI:clapping: :clapping:

It's a small world
10-02-2010, 05:31 AM
My name is Kerrie and I am a forumholic................feel so much better now:laughing:
Only have a couple of mindees various days so pop on when their asleep or if my ds having a nap. I have it bookmarked on my iPhone so can even access it when out and about ( like at weekends when in car - dh driving):laughing:
i need a daily fix without it scared I might miss a good laugh, idea,advice or a chat with my good friends.:clapping:

suzyblue
10-02-2010, 07:25 AM
I employ an assistant so that I can log on........:D