PDA

View Full Version : Putting prices up

estrelas
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Decided to do this in September by 50 per hour.

Thinking i will let them all know in this months newsletter????

Jelly Baby
08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm assuming 50p per hour?!..i did mine in oct to start as of feb this year and all my parents were fine with it. I sent out proper letters letting them know and asking for them to sign then i did new contracts with the new fees on so there was no arguing and was all signed for. HTH x

samd35
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm going to do mine from September too. Going to do my letters soon so parents have plenty of notice. x

estrelas
08-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm assuming 50p per hour?!..i did mine in oct to start as of feb this year and all my parents were fine with it. I sent out proper letters letting them know and asking for them to sign then i did new contracts with the new fees on so there was no arguing and was all signed for. HTH x

:laughing:

i may try 50 pounds per hour :idea:

ZoeAlli
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Two of my mindees are leaving this summer, so will wait until then to change my prices. I think I will leave my remaining parents contracts and rates as they are but will put up the prices for any new parents wanting childcare. Will also check the rates that others charge in the area, so I don't overcharge!!!

The Juggler
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
all the new CM's locally are now charging £4.50 and £5 but I daren't put my prices up, as I've just started charging for meals.:blush:

pinklady
08-02-2010, 02:08 PM
i may try 50 pounds per hour :idea:[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't get out of bed for less
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LeanneC
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Ive just sent letters out telling parents my fee will go up by a £1 a day
( I dont charge an hourly fee) Ive not really had chance to get any response back so i will ask them tomorrow. I read over the weekend though in the NCMA book that if you do raise your fee you cant do it until contract review time and then you change anything.
If I did this I would have parents paying different prices all over the place it would get very confusing. Plus I can't see why i should charge less for one child whilst i charge more for another when I do the same job.

Oh well lets hope no one moans about it :rolleyes:

jumpinjen
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
all the new CM's locally are now charging £4.50 and £5 but I daren't put my prices up, as I've just started charging for meals.:blush:

Where do you work? The average round my way is £3 - £3.50, I'm expensive at £3.75 but I include cooked meals in that!

jenni

Bitsy Beans
08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Where do you work? The average round my way is £3 - £3.50, I'm expensive at £3.75 but I include cooked meals in that!

jenni

Yep I am in West Mids too and I charge £3.50 (and I charge extra for a cooked meal - lunches are included) - no way I think I'd be getting any work for £4.50- £5 an hour - wish I could mind ;)

jumpinjen
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Yep I am in West Mids too and I charge £3.50 (and I charge extra for a cooked meal - lunches are included) - no way I think I'd be getting any work for £4.50- £5 an hour - wish I could mind ;)

It is making me think that I should put my fees up a little bit though.... i was going to wait until I'd finished my level 4 Montessori course but think might put up a bit now, would only increase daily fees by 45p-90p, so not too bad!!

Jen:)

suzyblue
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I have two review dates on my contracts, Feb and Aug so if I miss one date I can still use the other to make changes. Put my fees up by 20p per hour this Feb :clapping:

Jelly Baby
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Hmm read this and thought 'omg i didn't wait until the contract needed reviewing'..i have put at the bottom 'termination or change of contract details require 4 weeks notice' though so assuming that's ok?..without sounding uncaring they all got 12 weeks notice and never read them anyway!!..no one has complained and came into affect a week ago so?!