PDA

View Full Version : change to contract - advice needed please

bec123
08-02-2010, 09:37 AM
I currently mind a brother full time (3) and his older sister(6) before and after school. Mum said this morning that sister wont be coming on a Monday or Friday anymore as she has activities after school etc. Possibly not needed on a Wednesday either as dad will be at home. I said i would need to change her contract but mum said she would still need me full time during school holidays. How do i stand on this as I would still need a full time space for her during the holidays? Advice needed please as I feel I will be loosing out.

Tired
08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I have a 6 year old who has various after school activities. However, his mum still pays me, as there might be times when he cant attend.
Often the clubs are cancelled as the teachers have other things to do, or he is too tired to attend, etc.

If I were you I would charge for the days she goes to club, saying you could still have her if they were cancelled, but not charge for the day she is with dad, and the space would not be available to her, unless you wanted to do it on an ad hoc basis.

Make sure the contract states full time in the holidays, not ad hoc, and you should not be missing out on too much money. This wont affect your full timers as she is over 5, and you can still have 3 under 5s in the school term and holidays.

Hope that helps

bec123
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Do they need to give me 4 weeks written notice as stated in our contract? What if they don't want me to have her on Mon & Fri so I don't include these on the contract but then decide they need me say for example on a Monday afternoon?

Tired
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I would ask for 4 weeks notice, yes, but be prepared to waive it if it seems to be a deal breaker with them. You wouldn't want to loose the younger child too.

If they really don't want Monday and Friday, then write a new contract without those days. They need to understand that if they do need you then, you might not have a space. However, until you fill the space if they need you ad hoc, I would take her, as a bit of extra cash is always useful and it is good to keep a good relationship with them.

I would only do this as they are existing customers, I wouldn't do ad hoc for anyone new.