PDA

View Full Version : Briefing session

SonnysMummy
12-03-2008, 10:10 PM
had my first briefing session today and then next and final one is in two weeks. I came away relieved and very excited to just get everything done like NOW!!! The lady said in our area we can send off our application forms before the ICP course so ahe's giving them out after the next session. She said with the med form take it to the doctor ourselves and get it done there and then so that speeds things up. She said once we send off our forms to ofsted we should hear from them after about 2 weeks and then they should come out 1 to 2 weeks later for the inspection. Does this sound about right? Could be the CRB that takes the longest as you give the forms to the ofsted inspector yeah? The lady did say if you have had one before it shouldn't take too long and both myself and my fiance have.
So......i need to get cracking!!! She said get the house ready, toys bought and all policies and paperwork in place for when ofsted come. So that come be in in just afew weeks time!!! Argh!!! I'm excited, nervous and stressed to think of all i need to get done...all at the same time!!! xx

jumpinjen
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
hi, I'm about at the same stage as you.... we had our second session tonight and they gave us a really useful handout to work through to see if we were ready for ofsted, using the Every Child Matters as a basis (Ofsted use that format to assess you apparently). I cans end you a useful link to another one (better than ours actually) if you haven't had similar from your early years team!

Also, is there a toy library you can use so you don't have to buy lots??

And you can write a wish list as evidence that you have considered suitable toys and equipment without having bought it all at once!!

Good luck though, your system sound quicker than the one I'm gong through!

Jenni

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you both had a great time

You will soon be one of us it will fly by

Angel xx

sarah707
13-03-2008, 07:47 AM
That sounds really positive! You'll be ready to go before you realise :D

miffy
13-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Just wanted to wish you both lots of luck