PDA

View Full Version : when do i sort the tax out

kelly76x
12-03-2008, 09:40 PM
should i have recieved notification of when to send in my tax details i was told i would get a form sent through and i presumed it all had to be in for April but i havent had anything from the tax office yet ?

also as most of you know i have been registered since nov and only had 4 weeks work and now i have no mindees so unfortunatly i have had to go back to plan B and i am looking for work again. if i get a job i want to remain registered in case it does pick up again do i have to remain self employed and employed and carry on paying stamp or can i call them and put self employment 'on hold' thank you

sarah707
12-03-2008, 10:03 PM
You will get a self employment tax return in April... they come out quite early in the month.

I wouldn't muck with something that isn't broken... you can put other earnings on a self employment form. Cancelling it might take you out of the system and confuse matters... you can always put zero in the self employment box if necessary and if you pick up some minding along the way, it's all in place ready to continue :D