PDA

View Full Version : Twins

sarah32
07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I have twins coming to me tomorrow for settling in session and then starting on 1st of March.

I want mum to sign contracts tomorrow, now been thinking do i fill out one Contract for both or one each and same with premission forms.

Thanks and wish me luck tomorrow:)

mamasheshe
07-02-2010, 07:54 PM
i think separate xxxxxxxx

amanda1309
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I look after twins and i have 2 of everything.

miss muffit
07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I would do seperate paperwork :)

rachelle
07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I have twins of my own and one thing most twin mums are hot on is treating each one as a unique child - so one contract each, one permissions each etc etc - also a handover book each. When i used a childminder I was most irked that she had a book between them, as if they'd be no difference!

1 each is the way to go:clapping:

ps - don't call them the twins to her face!! :jump for joy:

Carpet Monkeys
07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I would say one each, as one may have an allergy and the other not, so may getting too confusing on same form!

singingcactus
07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I have twins of my own and one thing most twin mums are hot on is treating each one as a unique child - so one contract each, one permissions each etc etc - also a handover book each. When i used a childminder I was most irked that she had a book between them, as if they'd be no difference!

GRRR totally of topic but when my twins were at nursery the staff used to all out each child's name at home time to let the kids know their parents were here. IE Tom, Dick, Harry ..but when she got to my identical boys she would say 'twins'. Not even go to the effort of giving them a name - even if she got it wrong it would have been better than referring to them as twins! Like if she had a room full of girls but only one boy she wouldn't shout out 'boy' when his parents turned up.
I know you won't do this but Rachelle reminded me. I even went out and spend a couple hundred pounds buying all red clothes for one and all blue for the other so she HAD to know who was who. Ended up complaining though to get her to stop.

But anyway, you are having two siblings so you need two sets of paperwork.

sunflower
07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I look after identical twin girls.

I do seperate contracts, daily diaries etc

best of luck and have fun :D

sarah32
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
thanks.

Thought so, mum doesnt even want to do a contract but have explained that I wouldnt work without one.

Would never call them the twins, like you said they have names although is going to be fun as cant tell the difference but Im sure I will after time.:)

rachelle
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
hook on one feature - hair band, socks etc etc and tell them from that! Mine are ID but one has a twirl on the top of his head at the front (and the other uses a wheelchair- slight give away!) but if he's chair free then peeps go by the twirl!

Best of luck with the contracts :)

helenlc
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I was a nanny for twins and very careful to treat them as individual.

When they went to pre-school, they had one observation book between them and they wrote the observation about both of them at the same time!!:panic: They also had the same key worker. I didnt feel that this would help them to be treated individually.

I asked Mum if she objected to me asking the pre-school to give them their own book and key worker. She said that would be great, so I did. I dont think they were too impressed with me but they did it.

Treat them as you would any 2 siblings - seperate forms, diaries and everything.

loocyloo
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM
i've nannied and minded several sets of twins ( and have identical twin god daughters !(i STILL can't tell them apart on first sight and they are 15 now!) and one thing that always annoys me is when they are always called in the same way ie 'jack & jill time for lunch' 'hometime jack & jill' 'jack & jill' etc ... i have always tried to say it the other way 'jill' 'jack', as one twin i cared for HATED that her sisters name was ALWAYS said/written first!

MissTinkerbell
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM

I'd second this as a mum of twins - they are 2 seperate people so 2 of everything for them.

also second the never call them the twins - I so hate that.

sarah32
08-02-2010, 03:32 PM
2 of everything signed.

I think I managed to work out which is which by the end of the settling in session, very different personalities.

I will do 2 separate books for them but I think mum was a bit fed of paperwork by the time we'd finished as she has two of everything. She must of signed her name 100 times.:laughing:

MissTinkerbell
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I think mum was a bit fed of paperwork by the time we'd finished as she has two of everything. She must of signed her name 100 times.:laughing:

I know that feeling!!! Its a nightmare- takes ages to fill in anything.

sarah32
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I know that feeling!!! Its a nightmare- takes ages to fill in anything.

She came to pick them up at 12pm, at 12.45 we just finished signing paperwork, i filled in most before she got to me.:)

She thought it was quite funny the amount of paperwork we have to have.

One of them fell over and said by the way when she does that with me and hurts herself, she'll have a accident form to fill in and you will have to sign in, she was stunned.

Didnt tell her about the rest, didnt want to scare her too much.:laughing: