PDA

View Full Version : What is the % that you put through ??

funfunfun
07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hya guys

although im pre reg i want to find out the % i put through of various things

shopping/materials ....the list goes on

Is there a site anywhere or can anyone offer information with regards to things and % that i will have to claim for ??

Thankyou in advance

aly
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
theres alink here somewhere for the Inland revenue site.

it depends on the number of hours worked.
so if 1 week you work 5 hours [my 1st week] then i would only get 2% of water i think it was.

here it is

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/MANUALS/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

tulip0803
07-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Anything that you buy for childminding purposes goes through at 100%.

Gas/elec/oil/council tax/rent/water vary depending on the hours you work a week.

Food - your should work out a rough amount that a meal costs per portion & put through along with drinks snacks etc

phone calls actual cost of calls + a percentage of line rental depending on percentage of work/personal calls

There is a list here http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2734&highlight=tax+deductions of different things

aly
07-02-2010, 08:25 PM
if you are buying things like shopping ie craft items for the business then 100% of the cost.

funfunfun
07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Thankyou for that :)

(off i go to have a look )

beccas
08-02-2010, 07:55 PM
i will show you my accounts book its ncma you can write it all down,

funfunfun
08-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Im going to be doing alot when i come to yours........al bring lil ones ready bed :) he he

MarpleJollytots
09-02-2010, 09:42 AM
The one that i'm stuck on is how much % of the weekly shop should i put down as its all mixed together. Things like milk, drinks, toiletries, wipes, snacks, etc. i don't want to separate everything and you can't for example split a bottle of milk in too can you.
What do you guys do?

Mike

Chatterbox Childcare
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
You will find a lot of differing answers on this. I take my shopping bill and divide it by the number of house members and mindees to get an amount per person and then I multiply it by the number of mindees in the at week.

As for other items - anything to do with childminding is 100% and anything to do with running the house is on a percentage depending on hours worked

Car - eiher mileage or depreciation and either way you need to keep a mileage sheet

Phone - you need to have an itemised account each month and show personal and business use. I do mine twice a year to get the percentage of home and mobile and apply it to the next 6 months. I usually find it is 95% business on my mobile and 10% on the home so I claim for 100% mobile, unless I go away and those costs I do not claim.