PDA

View Full Version : How am I going to do this????

Gizmo
07-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I have a bit of a potential problem with planning, starting this week on Thursdays and Fridays I will have 2 los 1 has just turned a year and the other is 11 months I am fine for during the day and I will make soup in the morning for lunch, what am I going to do about dinner both are here till 6 o'clock and will be having dinner with us, how can I go and make it :panic: At the moment its fine with just the 1 he plays on the floor in the dining room end of the kitchen, will prob need to get dd's in the kitchen as well and they can all play together
Think I have just answered my own question.
I had also thought of a play pen for them does anyone else use them ???

pinklady
07-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I have 2 16month olds and I have used a playpen for them...especially as one of them likes to bounce on the sofa as soon as I leave the room :rolleyes: I try to do my meal preps during nap times and I also have 2 highchairs that clamp onto my breakfast bar.

mamasheshe
07-02-2010, 04:41 PM
is your kitchen separate from the rest of your house or could you put a mat down where you can see them with some toys they haven't had during the day ?

ORKSIE
07-02-2010, 04:42 PM
cant you make something for them the night b4 and them warm it up for them:idea:

ajs
07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
can you prepare the food earlier maybe in a slow cooker and just serve it up with them in a high chair

Gizmo
07-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I could make dinner when they are sleeping I sense lots of casseroles coming on :laughing:
Just need to get really organised thanks ladies :thumbsup:

Chell
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I always prepare our dinner either the night before or early in the day to save a mad rush later. I'm not minding yet but have three children of my own (youngest 18mths).

Slow cookers are brill. MIne was under £10 and I use it much more than I expected too. It is great for pasta sauces, chilli, curry, rice pudding, soup, etc.

Jkt spuds take very little prep too but are a favourite here.

Jessicasmummy
07-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I use my slow cooker heaps, always on days when i have afterschool mindees. Makes life much easier :thumbsup:

Hebs
07-02-2010, 07:32 PM
i love my slow cooker, had to get a bigger one as i have more mindees :laughing:

i prepare everything the night before, shove it all in the next morning and serve it up at tea time, SIMPLES :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
07-02-2010, 08:33 PM
My slow cookers on 4 days out of 7 :clapping:

Best pressie ever :thumbsup:

This was from my mum, hubby wouldnt dare

francinejayne
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I actually asked for a slow cooker for Christmas in preparation for me starting minding!!! Oh I remember he days of lingerie and perfume vaguely!!! :laughing:

Blackhorse
07-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I also use my slow cooker a lot..
I also do a couple of fast dishes (and with fast I mean things that dont take much of my time) like a baked potato or pasta dishes.
I also prepare more food at times and freeze it. Then it is just a matter of re-heating and serving up

I think you will get into your own routine with it and once you know the kids better and they each other you will see if they are ok in the room for a couple of minutes...I sometimes put out an activity in the kitchen for the kids or I cook when some of them are asleep.

helenlc
07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
I actually asked for a slow cooker for Christmas in preparation for me starting minding!!! Oh I remember he days of lingerie and perfume vaguely!!! :laughing:

Lol I got one with xmas money from my cousin!! Gone are the days of buying CDs and new make up with xmas money!!!:laughing: