PDA

View Full Version : may have a couple of mindees/NCMA COSTS

Daddy Day Care
07-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi All,

Hope your all having a lovely weekend.

Ok a few weeks ago my next door neighbour said his wife had applied for a job and if she got it they would be looknig for child care in the morning as he works nights.

Well she got the job and is due to start sometime this week, they are suppose to be comming around some time today for a chat and to sign contracts.

Its 2 boys aged 5 and 6 I cant imagaine it being for more an hour a morning, but im praying they require holiday care as well.

I havent got my insurnace yet, I wanted to wait untill I ahd someone and im glad I did becuase I would have wasted 7 months worth of insurance. So will be phoning first thing in the morning to sort that.

Just wondering how much it costs to join NCMA and how much the public liability Insurance is? I cant find any costs on the site so if anyone who has joined them recently could tell me that would be great.

Many Thanks

Gareth
xx

Twinkles
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Yay !! Good news :clapping:

Don't know the answer to your question but I had to get my tuppenny worth in :D

Don't forget to try MM as well.

little miss chatterbox
07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
yay!!!! fngers crossed for you!

NCMA membership is £63 and I think the Insurance is around £21 http://shop.*************/membership-of-ncma-1120-0.html - membership

Keep us posted

Blaze
07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I know MM is £41 & they can email you the certificate...You have to go to the NCMA shop for the insurance.
HTH & Good luck!:thumbsup:

tulip0803
07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Gareth - It's a start and you can get a reference off them for future mindees:clapping:

http://shop.*************/registered-childminder-membership-1096-0.html

Membership is £63 & public liability is £23, I am with NCMA.

You can also get PL through Morton Michel for £41

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

sonia ann
07-02-2010, 02:30 PM
have pm'd costs

Hebs
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
:clapping:

good luck Gareth :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you everyone, I did consider mm as i ehar its slighlty cheaper just feel ncma will be better for me as a new minder.

Its cheaper than I was expecting so happy with that.

Just hope they hurry and pop round because the longer they leave it the more nervous i get lol and this is someone ive seen jsut about everyday for 5 years lol.

Thanks Again

Gareth
xx

helenlc
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Well done Gareth - thats great news.

Did you end up getting any shirts/fleeces made up with your details on? Now would be the time if you are going to be doing the school run with these mindees. I know you probably go there with your own children, but now you will be going as a minder so should advertise yourself as such.

I am with MM and have been since I first started 3 yrs ago. I have had no problem with them and always had efficient service. When I needed legal advice last year, I called and someone from the legal team called me back within the hour and was ever so good and understanding.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Zoomie
07-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Fingers crossed for you.

Just a thought, does you area do the start up grant. Cos is they do, just get hold of your local NCMA office and show them a copy of your cert and they should be able to do it for you there and then (well telephone the insurance co up and get the incurance activated) ??????

I got mine done in an afternoon :thumbsup:

It's a small world
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
:clapping: well done Gareth...keeping fingers crossed...cant add anymore than whats been posted above. Im with NCMA but know a few people with MM..and they're happy with them.

Good luck stay calm and keep us posted..,:clapping:

I have 2 after schoolers and Im lucky that mum pays me during holidays (same hours as after school hours) I dont always have them but she may need me so pays me to keep spaces held. If she does need me she then just pays the extra hours. This way I dont take on any other children over 5years (plus gives me a little time with my own ds so everyone happy)

Think Im lucky. and hope you are too. Its a start and a bit of experience and income and hopefully your will fill you early years place soon.

Bananabrain
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Just wanted to say good luck Gareth.
May these mindees be the first of many.

Tink
07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Good luck Gareth hope it works out for you X X X can't wait to hear how you've got on xxx

estrelas
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Thats fab, well done
it could be the start you need

xx

onceinabluemoon
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Fingers crossed for you Gareth!

I'm with MM too, they have much more 'minder friendly' contracts than NCMA and do some fantastic paperwork too (registers etc)

TheBTeam
07-02-2010, 03:58 PM
really good luck to you. keep us posted.

jelly15
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Fingers crossed for you Gareth :)

PixiePetal
07-02-2010, 05:09 PM

Fingers crossed for you.

Things looking up at last :thumbsup:

Playmate
07-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Fantastic news hope they've been round???

Cazz
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

Well? Have they been round yet?

I've got everything crossed for you and hope you get your first mindees signed.

Let us know asap!!

charleyfarley
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Fingers crossed they sign up Gareth :thumbsup: Hopefully they already have.

Carol xx

The Juggler
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: got everything crossed for you DDC

estrelas
07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
any news yet???

Daddy Day Care
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
They havent been yet :(

Theyve been out most of the day and still not home :(

Buttttttttttttttttt

On a brighter not i Just gotmy first call due to the article :clapping: :clapping:

I shouldnt get to excited as it was nan that called me not mum but hey its a start.

Nan and mum both went for a job at same time, it didnt look like nan was gonig to get hers so agreed to have her grandson. Shes now been offered the job and cant afford to turn it down.

She saw my article and thoguht she would phone and see, she expected me to be out of spaces by now, we had a bit of a chat and she semeed really nice. She asked for my e-mail address and has passed in on to her daughter.

Its only 1 day a week all day on a friday as there jobs cross over and nan can have on other days, but if the lil boy likes me you never know :)

Only phoned 20 mins ago but keep checking my e-mail every 30 seconds lol

Will let you all know if I hear anything from either enquirey

Gareth
xx

estrelas
07-02-2010, 06:18 PM
They havent been yet :(

Theyve been out most of the day and still not home :(

Buttttttttttttttttt

On a brighter not i Just gotmy first call due to the article :clapping: :clapping:

I shouldnt get to excited as it was nan that called me not mum but hey its a start.

Nan and mum both went for a job at same time, it didnt look like nan was gonig to get hers so agreed to have her grandson. Shes now been offered the job and cant afford to turn it down.

She saw my article and thoguht she would phone and see, she expected me to be out of spaces by now, we had a bit of a chat and she semeed really nice. She asked for my e-mail address and has passed in on to her daughter.

Its only 1 day a week all day on a friday as there jobs cross over and nan can have on other days, but if the lil boy likes me you never know :)

Only phoned 20 mins ago but keep checking my e-mail every 30 seconds lol

Will let you all know if I hear anything from either enquirey

Gareth
xx

Thats fabby some times its good to get a few one dayers,
I so hope they call for ya xx

dlissaman
07-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Well done, good luck.
I have been with M.M. for years, I have found them fantastic. They have all the support services that NCNA offer, they are just (in my opinion) not as expensive.

Cazz
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Yay!!! Things are looking up at last - I'm really pleased for you!

My main mindees both come one day only and I found it eased me into things gently - not completely inundated with EYFS etc. Also, as you've got your own little ones at home like me it's nice to have some time during the week to give one-to-one with your own child/ren.

Still got everything crossed for you. I'll have a little celebration drink with you when the first one signs :D

Playmate
07-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I hate waiting for anything, I so feel for you, but you know what they say about "a watched pot never boils" etc.. so go away from your email inbox and try and think of something :D (I know easier said than done!)

PixiePetal
07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Wine is in the fridge ready to celebrate!

Any news??

zillervalley
07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
there's a start gareth

hope all goes well

ziller

helenlc
07-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Thats great news Gareth. Good luck with the LO.

Gizmo
07-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Hope your neighbours have been to visit and signed contracts
Great news about the phone call hope it is the first of many you might find people dont like to call at the weekend so expect that phone to ring in the morning :thumbsup:

Pauline
07-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Great news Gareth :thumbsup:

haribo
07-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Good Luck x you may find that, like buses, they all come at once :jump for joy:

TheBTeam
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
I am so pleased really hope this is the start of greatness!

marian
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Yay ! Things are on the up!!!:clapping:

Marian x

Pudding Girl
07-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Fab news, it'll snowball now you just watch!

I was with SCMA for my 2 years and now in my 3rd year and switched to MM. I went SCMA as I thought they'd help me as a new minder, and after getting diddly squat really I changed to MM and I know loads of people who feel the same (sadly actually)

am already more than impressed with their service at MM :) paperwork is much much better too, contracts are crystal clear and fully explained and I feel there won't be any ambiguity for parents - and you can use one contract for siblings which saves a bit of cash.

Daddy Day Care
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Well not so sure about the good news,

Next dorr neighbours got home about 9, didnt knock on the door to explain why they didnt come.

I havent had an e-mail yet from the phone enquirey either.

so fingers crossed i hear something tomorrow

gareth
xx

Pudding Girl
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe they figured it was a bit late to be calling on you and are popping over tomorrow?

Trouble
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

fingers crossed for you

estrelas
08-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Well not so sure about the good news,

Next dorr neighbours got home about 9, didnt knock on the door to explain why they didnt come.

I havent had an e-mail yet from the phone enquirey either.

so fingers crossed i hear something tomorrow

gareth
xx

keep your chin up they make call today xxx
Goodluck :)

miffy
08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed both get in touch today :)

Miffy xx

MarpleJollytots
09-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Did you hear anything Today Gareth?
I'm sure it wont be long now:thumbsup:

beccas
09-02-2010, 06:39 PM
i would ask your neighbours next time you see them and just say you've had lots of interest since you article and nearly full up if they all sign up :blush: i know a little lie but it never hurt anyone. maybe then you will get a answer to your question of whether they need you .

but good luck with the others and i hope you are soon full .:clapping:

ORKSIE
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Hope something comes from your enquiries Gareth.
I have got everything crossed for you:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
09-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Well neighbours havent been round, and I havent recieved an e-mail form the lady who was gonig to mail me :(

Butttttttttttttttttttttt she did ring me lol, not that long ago and shes comming to see me on sundya :clapping: :clapping: Im already nervous about it lol.

I feel really really bad tho, because the lady whos comming to see me doesnt even live in the same town to me, she lives in the same town as kerrie :blush:

She works in the same town as me I live about 3 mins drive from her work, of course if she turns will down ill fully recommend Kerrie of course.

Anddddddddddd I was asked today if I could do 2 weeks holliday cover in the easter hols all day mon, tues, wed all day both weeks. The childs minder was looknig for cover and the mum suggested me,shes been gonig a group I go to since just before christmas and her son and my son get along really well.

So things MAY be looking up

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
09-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I feel really really bad tho, because the lady whos comming to see me doesnt even live in the same town to me, she lives in the same town as kerrie

They are obviously impressed with you or wouldn't consider travelling and its not that far 20mins:rolleyes: Also when my youngest was at nursery I chose one nearer to work than home...you'd be surprised how many people do this.

Im sorry things are slow for you still early days (but things are moving in the right direction which is a good sign)and the schoolchildren may not be permanent just holidays but whose to say that they may not use you during the other holidays dont forget we have a big summer holiday:laughing:

Fingers crossed this is just the start. I only had one mindee for 3 months before I got a couple more.. starting off with a small number is good practice and breaks you in gently.

Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork ,just stay calm you will be fine and I look forward to hearing how it goes on Sunday good luck :clapping:

Amaranth
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow, things are looking up for you Gareth. Hope you get all the mindees that have been in touch.

They are obviously impressed with you or wouldn't consider travelling and its not that far 20mins Also when my youngest was at nursery I chose one nearer to work than home...you'd be surprised how many people do this.

I agree, I have a mindee who lives nearly 1 hours drive away but both her parents work just 5 mins away from me. They want to be close by should mindee fall ill or need collecting in an emergency.

TheBTeam
09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I am sure once you have done some, get some references early on even if it is holiday cover, then you will find it helps, getting the first is usually by far the hardest, and the fact that someone has seen you out and about and is happy to trust you, that is really good.

Relax and be yourself, professional but relaxed and then you can keep it up!

Wishing you the best of luck.

The Juggler
09-02-2010, 10:30 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: hope things work out DDC

PixiePetal
09-02-2010, 10:43 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Good luck for Sunday and here's to the first of many mindees :D

SandCastles
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Good Luck - I am with NCMA and have just signed up for my 2nd year.

Cazz
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree, I have a mindee who lives nearly 1 hours drive away but both her parents work just 5 mins away from me. They want to be close by should mindee fall ill or need collecting in an emergency.

That sounds sensible to me.

Really pleased for you Gareth and still got everything crossed (it's starting to get uncomfortable now :D ).

I hope you get the lady on Sunday to sign and the holiday cover sounds brilliant. :clapping:

allinatiz
09-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Good luck for Sunday :)

Polly2
10-02-2010, 08:41 AM
This is great news :clapping: Will be thinking of you Sunday :thumbsup:

Spangles
10-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Good luck for Sunday Gareth! Don't get nervous this time, you'll be fab!

brightstar
10-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Good Luck DDC, it took me 7 months to get my first mindees too. I've been registered for 14 months now and am nearly full. The fun starts here :laughing:

Playmate
10-02-2010, 11:37 AM
fingers crossed x

Graham
10-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Good luck for Sunday mate, hope it works out.

Rubybubbles
10-02-2010, 11:41 AM
keeping everything crossed for you :thumbsup:

good luck.

I am with NCMA because I like their paperwork lol, and the help from development worker:thumbsup: