PDA

View Full Version : Phil&s Vibe pushchair

MissTinkerbell
07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Does anyone have one of these or know anyone who has one?

I currently have a very battered, well used and well loved Phil&Teds Sport which I had when my twins were a year old - they'll soon be 4 - and whilst the pushchair itself is still OK - the hood is broken , as is the shopping basket, the front footwell is wearing out and I have an odd tyre on one side.

From September I will have a 2 year old and an 11 month old, with 3 school runs to do per day so I think its about time I replace my well loved pushchair. My original thought was another Phil&Teds Sport Double in that lovely apple green (everyone round here has red and I want to be different!!!!).

However whilst pottering around the Kiddicare website I came across the Phil&Teds Vibe but its £500!!:eek: It looks very stylish and I'm quite taken by it - however have just been on Amazon and reading the reviews which are very mixed.

Can anyone give me any advice? £500 is a lot to spend on a pushchair thats going to give me endless problems and burst tyres. Or should I just stick to the Aplle Green Sport for only £350ish?

jumpinjen
07-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Personally I'd stick to something that you know works and that you like and are comfy pushing, or shop around in the internet for the best price for the other (well both would be good idea to shop round for!!)

Jen

FizzysFriends
07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I like the look of the vibe, the brake is in a better place and the back seat doesn't have the exposed metal bar by the childs head.

I couldn't afford one though.

onceinabluemoon
07-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't do it!!!

They are awful!

The main seat is gorgeous, well padded and everything you could ask for for a child up to about 2 (if you're lucky) then the straps are too short! (One thing I didn't like was that the harness connections did up between the child's legs rather than on their tummies or chests, the bottom of the crotch strap is too short!)

The second seat is well padded but is much shorter than the sport. So short that my tiny 8 month old mindee couldn't use the recline function! She was tiny, about an average 5 month old I'm guessing so that's pretty useless.

The straps on the rear seat are also far too short.

It's much harder to push than the sport, very jerky and not as manoeuvrable.

The lay back mechanism which is supposed to be easier is difficult to sit back up (very easy to lay down though).

The only thing I really liked about it was the brake on the handlebar, now that was fab - but on all the reviews I read people moaned they accidentally put the brake on by knocking it when they were pushing it. Ah yes, you cannot push the buggy with one hand due to the brake being in the centre of the handle.

solly
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I know your old one is a bit battered but i am sure you can replace everything on the phil & yeds apart from the frame there is a company called groovystyle.co.uk this might be a cheaper option for you

Pudding Girl
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd replace your worn out bits instead :) ebay or practical pushchairs x

MissTinkerbell
08-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I know your old one is a bit battered but i am sure you can replace everything on the phil & yeds apart from the frame there is a company called groovystyle.co.uk this might be a cheaper option for you

Worked it out and need wheels and stuff too so its actually more practical to buy a new one and I have a nice investment bond maturing in August so thought I would treat myself.

Have decided against the Vibe but have now seen a Britax B-Dual which looks good - its released in April so am hoping Kiddicare will have some in and I can go and have a look before making a decision between that and another Sport.

The Britax back seat has a hood and you can access the shopping basket via a zip on the side - also looks very stylish but I really want to see one first and road test it.

Pudding Girl
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I'd proceed with caution on the b dual, it looks lovely and I had the single version of it, but I'd stick with something sturdier and tried and tested like the P&T or maybe the mamas and papas T2

AliceK
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
After making some costly mistakes over the past few months I would honestly say stick with what you know. I eventually bought the P&T Sport and it is just the best.

xxxxxxx

cabby
09-02-2010, 11:48 AM
i think im going to get the p&t dash, its similar to the sport but is one hand fold and has the break on the handle, and is cheaper than the vibe:clapping:

MissTinkerbell
09-02-2010, 03:45 PM
i think im going to get the p&t dash, its similar to the sport but is one hand fold and has the break on the handle, and is cheaper than the vibe:clapping:

I was looking at that and wondered what that was like.

The Dual does look a bit lightweight and I'm a bit concerned that it is only recommended up to 15kg or 3 years. Whereas P&T is upto 5 years. Think I will probably stick to what I know just fancied something that looked bit more stylish.