PDA

View Full Version : Bumps and Bruises

MacFi
06-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm very new to this so I need some advice. My new mindee who is a friends son is just starting to walk, I have returned him to his Mum twice this week with bruises on his forehead from falling over. The second time I was in tears because I feel so guilty ( sane me knows its not my fault :ohdear: )
Is this normal and is there anything that I can do to stop it, except wrapping him in bubble wrap and a helmet?

Gizmo
06-02-2010, 09:19 PM
bubble wrap would be great one of mine is at the same stage but 1st baby and parents were horrified that he had fallen I felt worse with him than I did with my own :panic:

sarah707
06-02-2010, 10:26 PM
It's awful isn't it? :(

I look after 2 little ones (different days) and they are both falling over at the moment.

One is climbing too which is really scary :eek: He's learned how to pull a chair to climb onto things too. :rolleyes:

The only thing you can do is to take as much care as possible and keep writing those accident reports.

Hugs xx

pinklady
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
You can minimize the risks but with the best will in the world you're still going to get bumps and bruises. One of my mindees likes to climb onto the sofa and decided to fall off head first the other day :eek: if only it had taught her not to do it again :rolleyes:

One of my usually 'steady on his feet' mindees had 2 accidents during my ofsted inspection but my inspector didn't remark on the fact that accidents had happened she only commented that I dealt with accidents well. So as Sarah says, keep the accident forms handy!

Nettynoo
06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Pinklady, I am being really cheeky but where did you find that cute little picture of a cupcake??? My setting is called Cupcake Childminding and I am trying to get some advertising cards etc done but I cannot find a picture I like until I saw yours!!!!! Please could you let me know where you found it!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!! Annette

pinklady
07-02-2010, 10:11 AM
I hope this one will be ok:thumbsup:

http://www.tinkernco.co.uk/shabbycakes.htm

MacFi
07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Thank you its good to know its not just me!

LeanneC
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Ooooh I know how you feel

For some reason Ive managed to land all boys..apart from my dd (2yrs)

The boys are sooo accident prone not sure if it is a boy thing or not...6yr old has very bad balance and is always falling over. My 1 yr old mindee is always falling over has been walking since 10 mths but still stumbles like he's had a few :eek: the other day though I turned my back to get drinks and turned around to find him stood YES STOOD tall on my kitchen table :eeeek: he was grinning from ear to ear, I was mortified but did find the funny side of it as it happened so fast and how he managed to climb onto my adult size chair and then the table who knows but he did..bit of a poltergeist moment I have to say :laughing: I keep checking behind me now incase my chairs start stacking up :D