PDA

View Full Version : dressing up things

desiderata
06-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Just wondering how you all store your dressing up stuff. At the moment I have it in a big box and a bag. Would love somehow to hang it up but cant seem to find any decent storage that doesnt cost a fortune. I also need to sort book storage. Not to expensive (we are not getting the grant round here so everything comes out of wages). Just need some good ideas please.

Chimps Childminding
06-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry not much help, mine is all rammed in a big plastic storage box with a lid. Would love a rail to hang it all on, but don't have room to keep it anywhere except the storage shed :(

miffy
06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I was lucky enough to get a proper clothes rail when a local playgroup closed down but you can get them from Argos for a fraction of the cost of educational suppliers - the only downside is the mindees aren't always great at hanging things back up!

For books I've a very old bookcase that the children use - those that don't fit in there I store in boxes.

Ikea do some great storage

Miffy xx

dobby
06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I use a clothes rail but not raised up, that way it is perfect height for little ones to use - shame they cant seem to know how to put things back when finished :angry: :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a cheap clothes rail set at the lowest height and you are all right - kids never put clothes back :laughing:

Also a big box for extra stuff - bags, hats, doctors set, scarves, shoes etc

Books are on a low bookcase and I am getting a basket for some of the board books for littlies so they have some at floor level.

sandy64
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
hi ive got the dressing up trolley from sbs its fab has space for baskets at bottom lots of hanging space then room at top for hats, bags ,shoes was lucky got it with grant money i got last yr

miss mopple
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I have a wooden rail from Urchin. Its fab :thumbsup:

I store the ones I dont have out in one of the big bags you compress the air out of. Does the job a treat :D

beccas
06-02-2010, 07:15 PM
a great big storage box the kids love to rummage in it

peanuts
06-02-2010, 07:18 PM
i have them in storage drawers (4 drawer)

Kes
06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I've got mine in a pop up basket from ikea. Don't know if they still do it but they were doing a wardrobe pole that fitted in one of the little trofast units if you wanted something to hang the clothes on.

Lady Haha
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Check out your local second hand furniture shops! I did that and got a Tall boy, I think theyre called, a sort of short wardrobe with a drawer at the bottom. It was only a tenner and the clothes hang at just the right height and the bits and bobs go in the drawer. I also put some hooks on the inside of the doors to hang fairy wings, doctors bag, etc on.

Because it's so sturdy, I can have plastic storage boxes on top of it too, always need more room for storage!!!

And it looks so neat when the doors are shut!

and just to add to what others said, no, the kids never hang the stuff back up!

Can't help on the book storage as I was lucky to get an old school one cheap.

But, in case you hadn't already heard of it, there is a great online shop called schoolsurplus.co.uk or com, (can't remember now) that do proper educational stuff at rock bottom prices and they have lots of furniture on there.

Trouble
06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
i had a rail but i was forever picking them up now they are in a huge box with a lid for when we need them:D