PDA

View Full Version : have you ever used...

newandlearning
06-02-2010, 11:37 AM
insta snow powder or gelli baff in your settings?

if so how do you rate the products or do you think gloop is better?

also wondering if you think these are good activities where you bought
your supplies from...

kind regards .. shall look forward to hearing from you xxx

ORKSIE
06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
i havnt used either of these.
The gelli baff is very messy I have been told.
I will be interested too, to see others experiences:thumbsup:

beccas
06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
insta snow is great i love it but takes ages to dry out so you can use it again, gelli baff is a bit of a odd one but kids like it i also use cornflour play or gloop as some call it just cornflour and water together.

insta snow ebay, gelli baff ebay cornflour cheapest in supermarkets.

FussyElmo
06-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I have used the snow and I loved it and so did the children. I have two boxes of gelibaff for the paddling pool (ok Im hoping for sun).

But i love gloop!!!!!

sillysausage
06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I have used the instant snow too. I couldn't believe how much it makes. I only used a few scoops to fill a cat litter tray (I find litter trays much more convenient indoors for messy play than a cement tray as much easier to empty and clean)

francinejayne
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
my daughter got a big bumper box of gelli baff for her birthday the other year (ebay), and it was great but one box doesn't go very far so depending on the size of container you're using you may need a few boxes. also you do have to be careful about it staining clothes. I vote gloop every time!!!

miffy
06-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Gloop is much cheaper than the others and just as much fun!

Miffy xx

sandy64
06-02-2010, 05:49 PM
hi i have used geli bath last summer in paddling pool o dear my 3 lo couldnt stand up was very slippy, lumpy, they got it all over them so decided to add powder to change it back well it didnt so hose piped kids down took ages they had fun tho then did a stupid thing tipped it down drain i still ave bits now there it may ave been me but it didnt do what i thought it would thankfully didnt do it 4 mine in bath be glad to hear what others found and if it was me lol.:panic:

loocyloo
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
i've used all 3 mentioned so far, and children enjoy them, but i've also used wallpaper paste ! a small packet of that makes masses !!!

( i got a bit carried away when making some for paper mache ....:blush: )

mama2three
07-02-2010, 09:16 AM
wallpaper paste is great with lots of glitter and sequins mixed in! ive used snow but as an environmeny for animals etc rather than mark making etc. Favourites are gloop and shaving foam.

Bananabrain
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Have done cornflour gloop/slime,and in my experience you have to mix it really quickly or it goes lumpy.
Had some gelibaff in the summer £2.99 a pack on the internet.
I now have my own little personal swamp at the bottom of the garden!:laughing:
Children loved it tho' ha ha.
I was looking at the swamp the other day thinking I could elaborate this summer and make a real swamp with plastic dinosaurs etc. Seems a shame to waste such a great opportunity.:ROFL1:
Ever the inventive childminder.

Bananabrain
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
hi i have used geli bath last summer in paddling pool o dear my 3 lo couldnt stand up was very slippy, lumpy, they got it all over them so decided to add powder to change it back well it didnt so hose piped kids down took ages they had fun tho then did a stupid thing tipped it down drain i still ave bits now there it may ave been me but it didnt do what i thought it would thankfully didnt do it 4 mine in bath be glad to hear what others found and if it was me lol.:panic:

Wouldn't use it in paddling pool,much too slippy. I put it in the water trays.
Humungous mess,it was even in the house.
But the children thought it was great!