PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

beccas
05-02-2010, 09:25 PM
been looking at garden play stuff getting on eof these but not having climbing wall just ladders with handles,also nautical wheel and periscop and bucket on a rope to pull up and down.

suez
05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
wow that looks cool! i would looove to have 1 of those just not got a big garden :( go for it:thumbsup:

funfunfun
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
looks fab go for it :)

beccas
05-02-2010, 09:43 PM
when you are up and running and you have passed your sriving test you will be able to come and play on it or rather your mindees.:laughing:

singingcactus
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
We have something very similar. We have a bumpy high slide and climbing wall which is attached to a play castle on one side and a low walled platform on the other side. We put a floor in the under the slide bit, and have a wooden toy box filled with mega blocks and pop ons for outdoor construction. We did used to have a rope bridge linking to the castle but it was too big so we use that as a balance walkway leading to the climbing wall now.
If you are interested in designing your own as we did then this is a great site to buy all the separate components from http://www.bouncyhappypeople.co.uk/c/outdoor_play_slides.htm. We chose to design our own so that we could tailor it to the specific kids we had at the time and so we could change it as the kids changed and developed.

francinejayne
06-02-2010, 02:35 PM
We had a huge wooden swing/slide/climbing wall play area in our garden, and it was fab and the children loved it. My only reservation is you have to make the effort to treat it with wood preserver every year, and even so it will start to rot after a while. After 7 years ours wasn't safe any more and had to go to the tip :(

fionamal
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Thats what my kids are after but I dont think our garden is big enough for everything theyd like.

beccas
06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
We had a huge wooden swing/slide/climbing wall play area in our garden, and it was fab and the children loved it. My only reservation is you have to make the effort to treat it with wood preserver every year, and even so it will start to rot after a while. After 7 years ours wasn't safe any more and had to go to the tip :(

this ione has a 20 year gaurantee and needs treating every 3 years

miffy
06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
That looks lovely Beccas - you will have some very lucky mindees! :)

Miffy xx

sarahw
16-02-2010, 10:52 PM
been looking at garden play stuff getting on eof these but not having climbing wall just ladders with handles,also nautical wheel and periscop and bucket on a rope to pull up and down.

Hi I tried to see your link but for some reason it won't let me! I am in process of looking for something for my garden (for own children primarily but so that mindees get to have fun outside too!). Any ideas appreciated!!!!

Also - what does everyone else do about fall hazard? Does anyone have rubber chipping? Confused :panic:

funfunfun
18-02-2010, 07:38 PM
when you are up and running and you have passed your sriving test you will be able to come and play on it or rather your mindees.:laughing:

I will have a go first .....to ensure it's safe

SparklingGems
18-02-2010, 09:46 PM
That looks fantasic I would definately go for it. I would love something like that for my garden but its a huge slope so dont think it wil work :(

Gizmo
18-02-2010, 09:52 PM
That looks great, we have a good sized garden and I think something like that will be brill in it. I am always worried a lot of my neighbours are older retired people and dont know if they will like to hear the lovely sound of children playing and enjoying themselves :laughing: