PDA

View Full Version : Winding down when last mindee collected then.....

Ripeberry
05-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Four local boys aged 8-5yrs old wanted to come over and play in my garden!
They know I'm a CM and just think they can come when they like, but I'm full of a rotten cold and hacking cough and I really just want to chill and not worry about them messing up all the toys again and running around the garden, churning up mud and bringing it into the house.
Feel mean, but sometimes it feels like they are waiting for parents to collect the mindees and then they think...lets go over to Ripeberry's ;)
I just sent my daughter to play with them, most of them are her friends anyway, they might all just go back to their own house.
Do you feel that you can't switch off, even if the kids are not your mindees ?

Tatjana
05-02-2010, 05:17 PM
OMG, no way, I'd explain their parents would have to pay me to let them in!:laughing: :laughing:

xx

Ripeberry
05-02-2010, 05:55 PM
As I thought, they went back to theirs and she (mum) rang to say my daughter is watching a video with them and she will give her some snacks.
Why do I not feel guilty? :p

Heaven Scent
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
OMW I was like that last time I minded but the kiddies were younger - I started minding when my DD was less than a month old and my DS was 22 mths old - I gave up by the time she was 18mths and he was 3.5ish because I was offered a job and almost snatched the persons hand off for it my life just seemed like one round of endless kiddies - Guess where I went to work - YES a nursery :laughing: :laughing: But it was different because I worked with other adults and I travelled to work too.