PDA

View Full Version : Can dh mind the little one while im away

Jelly Baby
05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Im away in march for 2 days and its my busiest days..dh is here with dd and while she is at school he says he is quite happy to look after the lo i have..thing is (and ive posted about this before) although the parents will jump at the chance and he's fine is he allowed..on my last inspection it was a very misleading yes/no/yes and she never really gave a me a clear answer..
Help as if i can afford not to lose my pay i will if not i dont want any trouble arising for something quite innocent!
Thanks

AliceK
05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm almost certain he wouldn't be allowed. Probably not want you want to hear

xxxxx

Gizmo
05-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I dont think so either sorry

It's a small world
05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
I would say no too sorry. Even though hes been crb checked its your name on the certificate not his..

Sorry..

Lady Haha
05-02-2010, 02:16 PM
You're not even allowed to leave a registered assistant with mindees are you? so I doubt they would let you leave your hubby with them....sorry:(

Jelly Baby
05-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Ok that's that then! so long as i know i'm doing the right thing i'm fine better to be safe than sorry!

Registered assistants not being allowed to look after the mindees? what's the point of them?
Thanks ladies x

Lady Haha
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Ok that's that then! so long as i know i'm doing the right thing i'm fine better to be safe than sorry!

Registered assistants not being allowed to look after the mindees? what's the point of them?
Thanks ladies x

:laughing:

I think they are there to assist you whilst you are working, but you can't leave them alone with mindees!!! There was a thread on here a while back because some one wanted their assistant to collect mindees from school and cm could stay home so as not to disturb sleeping mindees, but I'm sure it turned out that it wasnt allowed!

youarewhatyoueat
05-02-2010, 04:24 PM
He could do it at mums house as a nanny have to check on insurance etc I think insurance is £23 for nannys.

Twinkles
05-02-2010, 04:26 PM
You're not even allowed to leave a registered assistant with mindees are you? so I doubt they would let you leave your hubby with them....sorry:(

You are for short periods ( no more than an hour or so ) provided they have relevant first aid, Ofsted approval and parents written permission.

sweets
05-02-2010, 04:36 PM
not sure but could he do it without payment? then it would just be a friend looking after a friends child as a favour.

Alibali
05-02-2010, 06:05 PM
not sure but could he do it without payment? then it would just be a friend looking after a friends child as a favour.

That's what I was going to say, you'd need to make sure Mum knew he wouldn't be covered by insurance etc.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Thanks ladies x

Assistants are there to assist and not be responsible for long periods of time.

Your DH could babysit for the 2 days but obviously he wouldn't have insurance.

Lady Haha
05-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Doubt she wants the mindees THAT much!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jelly Baby
05-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Lol thanks ladies..hmm well i get paid half for my time off so to get dh to do it on his booked time off for nothing is a bit pointless!
Thanks anyway x