PDA

View Full Version : i feel guilty now

ajs
12-03-2008, 06:06 PM
this morning i felt like death,not even warmed up
but i couldn't take the day off as mum had phoned me yesterday to say that even though lo was still not 100 % well could i have her as mum had to go to work and dad had a meeting to go to

so when she arrived i asked dad if he could collect her as early as possible as i really wouldn't have worked today if i hadn't already said that i'd do it.

anyway as day has gone on i've slowly felt better (must be all the tablets i've popped) dad arrives at 4 and says he's arranged tomorrow to work from home so i can have the day to recover, now i just feel guilty that i'm not really ill and they've given me the day off. how lucky am i?

Banana
12-03-2008, 06:08 PM
well dont go telling anyone.... just pretend your ill!!

make the most of it

xxx

Sarsar3NCH
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh that's really lovely. Glad you are feeling better.

Wish all parents could be so considerate, mine all seem to aquire selective hearing if I mention feeling ill!

Sarah

miffy
12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Very very lucky but you did work this morning when you didn't really feel like it (and I'm sure that's not the first time either) so it's lovely that they've said thank you in this way

Don't give it another thought just enjoy tomorrow!!!

Miffy xx

ajs
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
i am extremely lucky with my parents at the moment

my mission for tomorrow, now i am not working

finish my paperwork AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
and tidy the playroom
do you think i'll do any of it

miffy
12-03-2008, 06:17 PM
NO I think you'll be on here as soon as everyone has cleared off and left you in peace

Miffy xx

sarah707
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Of course you will Mandy - I have every faith in you! :D

ajs
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Of course you will Mandy - I have every faith in you! :D

thanks sarah but i feel that miffy maybe right

Kelly
12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Lucky you! I spent all Monday sat on the toilet (I know you really didn't want that info, but need to set the scene!) with my head in a bucket! well I didn't have any children in during the day, but in my wisdom thought I would be well enough to pick up the after schoolies, luckily a friend knocked my door on the way to school as I was fast asleep in bed! (not very professional I know) Anyway on Tuesday my full time children arrived, one of the dads said, 'god you still look really ill' I said I was still feeling unwell he said 'never mind, have a good day, and left!'

I just keep reminding myself if i'm ill i'm not getting paid!!!! it does help me keep going.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Kelly

Rubybubbles
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Lucky you! I spent all Monday sat on the toilet (I know you really didn't want that info, but need to set the scene!) with my head in a bucket! well I didn't have any children in during the day, but in my wisdom thought I would be well enough to pick up the after schoolies, luckily a friend knocked my door on the way to school as I was fast asleep in bed! (not very professional I know) Anyway on Tuesday my full time children arrived, one of the dads said, 'god you still look really ill' I said I was still feeling unwell he said 'never mind, have a good day, and left!'I just keep reminding myself if i'm ill i'm not getting paid!!!! it does help me keep going.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Kelly

to what dad said :mad: yep, been there

sorry but made me smile:laughing:

elaineg
12-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I know what Id do with a day off.

long lie in
hot soak in bubble bath
feet up rest of day with a good book

love Elaine XXx

crazybones
12-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I know what Id do with a day off.

long lie in
hot soak in bubble bath
feet up rest of day with a good book

love Elaine XXx

Stop it. :laughing:

Annie x

nell57
12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Dont feel guilty whats done is done, make the most of it and enjoy your day whether its tidying, paper work or forum:D

Helen

avril
12-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I'd love a day off as I feel like pooh, sat here with eyes blood shot and watery with a hanky permantley under my nose to stop it dripping but I'd feel guilty as I've only got x1 mindee for the rest of the week (all day though) then he's off for 2wks as parents work in schools. So I'll be off to bed early with lemsip, tissues, olibas oil and anything else I can take to help!! :)

Avril x

Lou
12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Dont feel guilty Mandy, feel happy that you have a thoughtful parent and enjoy your day off!!!!

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree with everyone that is really nice of the parents

Make the most of it Mandy

Angel xx

miffy
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I agree with everyone that is really nice of the parents

Make the most of it Mandy

Angel xx

By that she means come on here and chat :laughing:

Or are you off to Anne Summers?!?

Miffy xx

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Well maybe she should not come on here - I dont want Mandy trying to catch up with me haha

Angel xx

miffy
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't think there's any chance of anyone catching you up - you just talk too much ;)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
You will have to ask Theresa and Carol about my keyboards !!!

Angel xx

miffy
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Errrrr OK I think :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Ask them !

Angel xx

Annie_T
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
lol oh dear... always the way hun.

take the day off and relax, dont worry bout housework coz resting will do you good hun .unless oyur up for cleaning or what eva hehe

Twinkles
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
You will have to ask Theresa and Carol about my keyboards !!!

Angel xx

I knew it , I just knew it....she has two keyboards and types with both hands :D

Mandy enjoy your day off. Now you mention it I feel a bit poorly *cough cough*

emler
13-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Hope you have a good day off Mandy.
Good luck getting your paperwork done! My bet is you spend most of the day on here lol

Emler x

Splish Splosh
13-03-2008, 09:23 AM
enjoy your day off you deserve it.

ajs
13-03-2008, 09:49 AM
i am not going to try and catch up with angel i'd have to take all week off for that.

i am glad i took today off although i have done absolutely nothing so far except chat to my vicar friend about where she's going to move to next.

now i am going to work on m,y portfolio
so see you all later or soon depending how bored i get