PDA

View Full Version : Rude parent

Tatia
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Sorry, just feeling a bit put out. I have one mother who is a very rude person. Just normally it's not directed at me. I know this is a small, petty thing to be perturbed about but I guess it's seeing her in action and hearing her tell me all these stories about how she snaps at people (as if I am in agreement about her behaviour) tha set me off.

The doorbell rang and it was the man from the ironing service. I had forgotten he was coming tonight (no excuse, bad manners on my part) and invited him to wait whilst I fetched his money. He said no, he preferred to wait outside. On my way up the stairs, the mother came banging at the door (she even knocks in a rude manner) so I said to the kids to say I'll be right there (luckily top latch is done so they can't just open door). So I get back down the stairs, a bit out of breath as I am rushing and open the door and she says, in a voice designed to let me know she's POd at being kept waiting (2 minutes, for heaven's sake), "your ironing man has been standing here waiting for you". I can't capture the tone of her voice to convey how nasty she sounded. I'm afraid I snapped back and said "Yes, I'm aware. That's why I didn't answer to you right away as I was getting his money". Grrrr.:mad:

I know, I know, it doesn't sound much in the scheme of things but this woman regularly gets up my nose. It's just I don't generally let it show. I'm more angry with myself for being snappish in return.:rolleyes:

Plus I felt it was a bit out of order to call him my "ironing man" like he's a servant or something when in fact he's a businessman providing a service.:mad:

Blaze
12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Give yourself a break your human! Forget about it & enjoy your evening!
Tasha:)

Banana
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
lol - she sounds lovely!!

As Tasha said forget about it, and next time keep her waiting a bit longer hee hee :laughing:

xx

miffy
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Hope you feel better for talking about it - I think she only made herself look stupid and you can always have a word with the person who does the ironing next time they call

As Tasha says forget about it now - it's not worth dwelling on

Miffy xx

Annie_T
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
its not your fault hun. you had 3 things going on then - mind the kids, get money answer the door twice.

i prob would of snapped too i can stand people talking down to me etc. .. i do let them knowtoo lol

go have a drink and rest when can hun

sarah707
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
It's a pity we have to deal with people like that... just leave me with the kids and I'd be fine! :laughing:

Take 5 and have a glass of something cool and refreshing when they've all gone and steel yourself for next time... :D

disney
12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
im sorry for you but i tell you what i think i have the rudests parent , and she used to upset me every day to the point i couldnt stop thinking about it . things like you charge to much , i resent paying you , telling me i should do the hours she wants , going home first when she said she would collect her child .and she used tell me that she didnt care about what i said as shes looking after no 1 :angry: but you no what i dont care any more bring it on :clapping: soyou need to do the same right x :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
oh hun

1st tell her to go jump:D

2nd You have someone do your ironing I am soooooooo jealous:D

3rd I would of been the same in the manner of speaking back to her:laughing:

elaineg
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Bet she felt stupid you already knew he was there, serves her right lol.

love elaine XX

avril
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Some people are naturally rude and think nothing of it :angry: , you just need to rise above it and not let it bother you, chill and relax enjoy your evening.

Avril x:)

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Hope your feeling a bit better now she sounds rude and you already know what type of person she is so dont let her get to you

Some people are this way - so dont waste your free time thinking about her

Angel xx

Mollymop
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
I know exactly what oyu mean about rude people, they get my back up and I'm afraid that when I start childminding I willl snap back at this type of person and ten end up with complaints, so I'd better start calming down a bit:D

Tatia
13-03-2008, 08:16 AM
2nd You have someone do your ironing I am soooooooo jealous
I tell my husband it's against OFSTED regulations to do the ironing when I have children in the house!:laughing: When he suggested I do it of an evening, I said fine, then he could do his half after he had worked all day. he quickly came round to my POV.

Anyway, feeling better. I guess I just don't like losing contol of myself at all and it bugs me when it happens. I'm basically a super nice person and wonder why other people's attitudes end up dragging me places I so don't want to go!

sarah707
13-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I wonder why other people's attitudes end up dragging me places I so don't want to go!

I wonder that a lot too! :(

Glad you're feeling better today! :D

Splish Splosh
13-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Glad your feeling better some people really are rather rude.