PDA

View Full Version : Imaginary friends!!

Tink
05-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi I currently look after a little girl 2 years 5 months and she has an imaginary spider friend called two.

Mum spoke to me about him (spider) and said they have to take him everywhere.

Anyway this morning we were going to the library, I put her and DD in the car and we set off, I got to the end of the road and she screamed, "we've forgotten two!" I told her we hadn't I had him in my pocket and she was fine.

When we got back we had lunch and she said Two is hungry, so I set him a place with a sandwich and she was really happy.

Both mindee and two!! are fast asleep on the settee.

Has anyone else experienced imaginary friends?

sarah707
05-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh yes they are lovely... but be careful, sometimes they make a mess and get up to mischief! :p :D

cuffleygirl
05-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Cor this brought back a memory from my childhood - I had one he was called Bay (not sure why) loved him to bits I remember him coming everywhere with me! But as Sarah says he could be a bit naughty sometimes - I'd always tell him off cos I was always so good!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andrea08
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Two could be the one to spill the drinks,,,make a mess... brake the doll.. ohh yes i remember little friends like this and they were blamed for everything,,,

interesting to find out what happens or if others have stories to tell

jo f
05-02-2010, 12:51 PM
My dd has one called chloe, she used to come everywhere with us but more recently she's off doin things with her own family! I get a daily update what she's up to and who her friends are etc!

RachelE
05-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I look after J aged 2 years and 8 months.

She has had an imaginary friend for quite a while called 'daahlie'. She does lots and lots and I think she lives wth her.

If I leave J to play by herself, I quite often find her bossing Daahlie about telling her off.

Its quite cute and she isnt too obsessive with her,in that we dont have to take her places - lucliky! :)

Rachel x

Gizmo
05-02-2010, 01:24 PM
My dd had one for a while called yeahbut and everywhere you went to sit yeahbut was there, had to make him dinner a few times as well :laughing:

charleyfarley
05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I was lucky Charleys imaginary friend was a teacher called sir.:D She was forever doing school work that he had set for her and he often came for tea. He was constantly moving house coz he didn't like diy, holidayed in Australia and broke his leg. That was the last we heard of him.

Carol xx

MAWI
05-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi
I have no mindees that have experienced an imaginary friend. My daughter at the age of 4-7 had an imaginary friend and a family. Apparently her friend used to live in her wardrobe and the family used to come down from the attick at night to be with her. It used to really spook me out especially when, she would ask me to be careful putting clothes away and 'Oh mummy youve just stepped on my friend'
She did grow out of it but even now at the age of 14 she has a great imaginary and creative mind.

AliceK
05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
My DS has an imaginary brother called Jack. Him and Jack very often have arguements and he tells me Jacks been mean to him and I have to go and tell Jack off and sometimes give him time-out :laughing: :laughing:

xxxxxx

emler
05-02-2010, 03:45 PM
My niece has an imaginary friend called Bim Bim and he is always getting into trouble :laughing:

wendywu
05-02-2010, 04:58 PM
So Saz how much per hour do you charge for two.:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
05-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Yep my dd had one :rolleyes: :D

Ripeberry
05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
When my DD1 was almost 2yrs old she started with one imaginary friend...a dragon and then it was two kittens. But then one day I found a video of Lion King and put it on. Out went the kittens and the dragon and she was now a lion!
She has been imagining herself as a Lion ever since and she is 8yrs old this year!
Every time we go in the countryside or especially the mountains, she always has to climb a rock and it is 'Pride Rock', she also has lion fights with her sister and friends and the thing that drives me CRAZY is that she likes to go on all fours as a lion, but on her knees!
Aarghhhh!

jelly15
05-02-2010, 05:55 PM
DS had one called Coley who became a big part of family life. DH used to worry as he had never come across this before and thought DS could see dead people :eek: .

Didn't bother me as I remember mine called Jamie :blush: .

misst104
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
My ds1 has 2 imaginary friends called Dinny and Finley. When he was 3-4 they used to come everywhere with us (never had to set places at dinner for them though! :laughing: ). They had jobs, families, likes and dislikes etc. They evn used to go to work with daddy and when he got home louis would welcome all 3 of them back with open arms - v. funny!!

We don't often 'see' them these days. Lou is 5 now but they do occasionally come back - usually when he is feeling a bit anxious. They were here for the whole time I was in hospital with ds2 recently but have left again now.

I was told that it shows the child is very creative and is not a cause for worry in the slightest by the doctor and the health visitor

xxx

Heaven Scent
05-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Both of mine had imaginary friends

- DS had a lion that was so small it fitted in the palm of his hand - he came everywhere with us DH & I often had to look after him while DS got out of the car or went to birthday parties etc -he never forgot about his friend he shared all sorts with him and everything.

DD's was slightly different in that it was a real person - a boy from nursery who she took a shine to - his name was Griff - in real life she only ever saw him at nursery - but in H's world he came home with us, ate with, us slept with us in fact he became an established member of the family - we still joke about him to this day - she now goes to school in the town where she went to Nursery - it was 20+mls from where we use to live so now whenever she meets up with girls from her class we always joke that she is sneaking off to see Griff. I do often wonder if he does still live in the town and which school he goes to - H has even asked some of the girls in her school that she has made friends with who grew up in the town if they ever came across him at primary school - I think she still has a soft spot for her friend - she used to call him her boyfriend - and he knew nothing about it bless him :laughing: :laughing: