PDA

View Full Version : Need help with starting up questions

mrscraig87
05-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I live in scotland and want to register as a childminder. I have asked for an application form for Scottish Care Commission and applied for member ship for SCMA. But no one is sending me any information on what i need to do to set up like toys, policies etc. please can someone help. There is no point in me applying to care commission if im not set up.

Thanks for answers

Cazz
05-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I can't help I'm afraid as I don't live in Scotland.

I've put an (unhelpful!) reply though so your thread will go to the top and hopefully someone who does know the answer will reply!

Good luck with your registration.

sarah707
05-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Don't worry about toys etc... there is plenty of time to get those in place while you are going through the setting up process.

your first step is to find out when the courses are locally and get hold of application paperwork so you can get the ball rolling.

It takes around 6 months to register in Scotland, so you'll be an expert on the process by the time you are finished!

Don't forget to let us know how you get on! :D

Gizmo
06-02-2010, 08:44 PM
All the information on the policies you need are in your pack from CC. You should also get a number in your pack for your local CDO contact her asap and see if you can get on induction training
There are quite a few Scottish cms on here so you will get as much help as you need, where abouts are you

amberspy
06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
hi there im from edinburgh inn scotland and just sent my reg forms away i got child devplopment officers number from them and got loads of info of her infact we meeting for a chat on tue to see how she can help with courses etc so try find out from ur council if u got some1 to help :D